Basically these days, I have been very much down in the dumps, depressed, Im willing to go as far as.
Actually I have been for most of this school year.

Another thing is this, I used to have a reputation for being calm and easy going, but more and more so nowadays I have felt so angry, at tiny things I would never have cared about before.

So do I have reason to worry about my mental health, or is it just that I'm having a hard time and focusing too much on the bad stuff rather than the good stuff?
Welcome to puberty.

EDIT: I apologise, that was for cheap lulz. It's nothing to really be worried about, juat keep your feelings in check.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by matttt
Having a hard time and focusing too much on the bad stuff rather than the good stuff.

You've answered your own question my dear.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Righto. You're officially the best person ever.
Thanks babe.

Paine of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

SSBB FC: 0645 - 5498 - 0197
You know what makes me angry?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
You know what makes me angry?

Angst?
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

In situations like these one must ponder, how you came to feel this way. Find the root of your anger and anxiety and you will find the solution.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Don't worry dood! I remember going through all that... maybe still in it I guess. I hear its all part of growing up
It's normal to be angry by times. If it's not going very well with your family or whatever, you might just get angry easier. It's normal. I lived that last year (while my dad was slowly but surely dying).
Hello, Mirror - so glad to see you my friend, it's been a while

Help me - I can't break out this prison all alone
Save me - I'm drowning and I'm hopeless on my own
Heal me - I can't restore my sanity alone
Ok, for those who gave a serious answer, thank you very much.
Much appreciated.
OMG You´re going insane!!!!!!!!!11oneoneone

Naaah, just kidding, it´s a part of puberty, so don´t worry about it
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Yeah, it's growing up. You're just now seeing the harsh realities we deal with. Now you have two options: Become a religious fanatic or a drug addict, theres no other way. Trust me.
You do not need help and you do not need to take medication, its kinda sad how there is a pill for everything these days all just to make a buck
Quote by Bonesaw
get out and run or exercise or something it's proven to relieve depression

Endorphines ftw.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by Gregoriose
dude things are about to get hairy

/Awful pun
Call me Callum

I find that sitting outside in the sun and just relaxing and getting tanned is great for when I'm feeling a little down. Basically it cranks up my mood to 10 for the rest of the day if I soak in some sun. Since it's almost summer it might be worth a try for you.
Quote by Sublime Stylee
I find that sitting outside in the sun and just relaxing and getting tanned is great for when I'm feeling a little down. Basically it cranks up my mood to 10 for the rest of the day if I soak in some sun. Since it's almost summer it might be worth a try for you.

Skin cancer feels like happy
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by sashki
What makes Kensai angry?
Find out in the next episode of
UG

Am I the only one who lol'd from this...?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Yea dude as said your 16/17, it just happens man.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by matttt
Basically these days, I have been very much down in the dumps, depressed, Im willing to go as far as.
Actually I have been for most of this school year.

Another thing is this, I used to have a reputation for being calm and easy going, but more and more so nowadays I have felt so angry, at tiny things I would never have cared about before.

So do I have reason to worry about my mental health, or is it just that I'm having a hard time and focusing too much on the bad stuff rather than the good stuff?

Try and cast your mind back to when this started, has anything happened that may have triggered it? Its happened to me before and i still get it sometimes, i think i know what triggered it and its kinda a defense mechanism against what happened i suppose, but i don't really know.

edit:

Yea dude as said your 16/17, it just happens man

Sorry, but i found this quite funny.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Apr 15, 2008,
Quote by floppypick

I lol'd too actually
If you're worried about your mental health then you should talk to someone about it. There's no harm in that.
Otherwise, make sure you're sleeping and eating properly. No food and no sleep always makes me cranky
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Domino
If you're worried about your mental health then you should talk to someone about it. There's no harm in that.
Otherwise, make sure you're sleeping and eating properly. No food and no sleep always makes me cranky

All work and no play makes Kjell a dull boy.
Consider yourself lucky...

My thoughts of suicide and destruction of planet Earth in general began at half your age.

Your life is a f*cking fairytale if it took this long to turn to sh*t.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Bleh I felt like that too, except for a bit longer and it just kept getting worse and worse, until I guess my mom noticed I wasn't really my old self. She took me to the doctor and she prescribed me some mild anti-depressant/ anxiety medication. I'm not real fond of "needless" medication but it has helped me so I don't really care. I don't know if that's the best solution for you but I figured I'd share my experience with you.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
It's part of growing up. If it ever gets bad, just hang with a friend or something like that. You're fine, just find something you're passionate about (guitar) and focus on that. It'll help.
Quote by roythereaper
Welcome to puberty.

EDIT: I apologise, that was for cheap lulz. It's nothing to really be worried about, juat keep your feelings in check.

ur post wasnt edited...
LIAR
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
Quote by Kensai
All work and no play makes Kjell a dull boy.

lol

Also, how the **** do you say your name? It's been bugging me for a while...

Oh yeah, so I don't spam, find some new music to listen to, get some sleep and hang out with some friends the next day, play guitar, just do something to take your mind off your troubles. It sucks, trust me I know, but you'll live and you'll be a better person in the long run.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Consider yourself lucky...

My thoughts of suicide and destruction of planet Earth in general began at half your age.

Your life is a f*cking fairytale if it took this long to turn to sh*t.

To be honest though, just like most people, I haven't had it that easy in the past either, and I've always tried to remain the optimist, up till now obviously.
Im feeling better now though, so thanks to everyone who made a contribution to this thread
I heard suicide is good for depression

But seriously, cheer up and stop playing minor chord progessions!