I just got my Ceriatone 36 Watt head today!

But i dont really know what cables i need. It didnt come with any and i know i Need one to connect a Cab i will buy in a few Days, and one for Power but i dont know the details. As well, it doesnt matter what OHM the cab is right? its got inputs for 4,8 and 16.

Anyway heres a Pic i just took

My camera aint to great though
Let me be the first give you the

That is so awesome. Sig update required!
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by forsaknazrael
You'll need speaker cable to connect the head to the cab. Get as thick of one as you can find.

As for the impedance rating, it depends on what you plan to do. What kind of cab are you going to hook this up to? Like...speaker configuration?

Thanks JX!

And I was hoping to get a 2X12, i just wondred if i needed to make sure the Cabinet was a Certain OHM so it would work with my amp. May i ask why thickness matters? is it just cuz the signal will be better?
To me, thicker = more reliable. I have a fatty cable.

Yeah, if you get a 2x12, and say, plan to eventually hook up another cab, let's say a 4x12"...
4x12"s are set up for use as either a 16 ohm cab or a 4 ohm cab. So your 2x12" would need to either be a 4 ohm or a 16 ohm. That way, if you were to wire them together (series, if they're both 4 ohms, or parallel if they're both 16 ohms), you would have 8 ohms, and would use the 8 ohm jack on your head.
You need to make sure the Ohms of your head and cab are matched, and make sure you use speaker cable, NEVER instrument cable. Power cords are generic.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by forsaknazrael

Yeah, if you get a 2x12, and say, plan to eventually hook up another cab, let's say a 4x12"...
4x12"s are set up for use as either a 16 ohm cab or a 4 ohm cab. So your 2x12" would need to either be a 4 ohm or a 16 ohm. That way, if you were to wire them together (series, if they're both 4 ohms, or parallel if they're both 16 ohms), you would have 8 ohms, and would use the 8 ohm jack on your head.

Also, thicker = less resistance, which = less voltage drop, which = less heat, which = more reliable.
Quote by forsaknazrael

I think i might just have to copy that onto a Word Document Thanks

my Uncle should be able to Answer any other questions that arise, since ill be buying from his shop.
im so excited now haha
*drools*
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
and one for Power but i dont know the details.

i know for the amp head i use i can use a pretty ordinary power cable to plug into the wall. the power cable to computers is the same as to my amps, go figure
How much was it including shipping and all that?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
it cost a Little over 1000 (i think like 1045) With Shipping and Customs and all that Stuff. it was a Package 4 with Tubes included. wasnt to bad considering Marshall Plexis can Cost twice as much
Quote by mr_hankey
Also, thicker = less resistance, which = less voltage drop, which = less heat, which = more reliable.

>_>
<_<
Right, that's what I said.

Basically, you'll need to match the cab's impedance rating to the proper impedance jack.
I'm just saying, what you want from your entire setup should influence the cab you pick right now.
Quote by beckyjc
It would kill me to know I have an amp in the house I couldnt play. Especially one as pruddy as that.

The next Few days shall be the True test
I had a JVM for 2 months without a cab. I wanted to kill myself. Lulz, that Ceriatone is sexy as all get out! I am gonna be building an 18 watt in the near future, but congrads!!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by beckyjc
It would kill me to know I have an amp in the house I couldnt play. Especially one as pruddy as that.

I went eight months without a cab for my Bassman. It hurt.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I had a JVM for 2 months without a cab!!

Man that must have been Torture! I doubt ill barely be able to last until Friday

EDIT: ^ Mr. Hanky, Youve just won My respect
Lulz, Mr. Hankey winz teh cookie!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
What does nik charge for the tube bias mod? Do you know? Also, how long does an order take? Thanks
Quote by damnedone
What does nik charge for the tube bias mod? Do you know? Also, how long does an order take? Thanks

Im not to Sure about Tube Bias Mod prices, the Site should list them or Email Nik Directly. he is very Friendly and will answer any questions you have. hell, he's put up with me Since November

And I Ordered mine near the End of March. Nik said around 4 weeks, but the amp was finished and Sent out around April 8th. I guess it all depends on how busy he is, and how Complex you make your amp with Mods and such.

PLEASE put soundclips up I think I'm gonna buy the 18w and wanna hear it
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
PLEASE put soundclips up I think I'm gonna buy the 18w and wanna hear it

What would this THread be without Clips! I have a bad memory but if you remember to PM me by Saturday Night ill either have Clips up, or Get them Up thanks to your reminder
Quote by Tubyboulin
What would this THread be without Clips! I have a bad memory but if you remember to PM me by Saturday Night ill either have Clips up, or Get them Up thanks to your reminder

cool thanks I will do that
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
sweettt
congratulations bro

that looks sorta like a peavey windsor,

is it in the same range of smooth amps?
My Gear:
Fender American 60's Strat
Peavey Valveking Stack
Boss ME-50
Homebrew Crystal Bawl Wah
Ahh i'm jealous. XD

Congratulations on the amp I hope to own an 18 watter from Ceriatone someday.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Devilsguitarist
sweettt
congratulations bro

that looks sorta like a peavey windsor,

is it in the same range of smooth amps?

Its based off Marshall Amps, im pretty sure the Plexi. I havent even got to try it out yet though so im not entirely sure the exact sound. Ive only heard youtube clips.

EDIT: Thanks ZeppelinPage^

From the clips ive heard, these are Great amps! now just to find out for myself