Hi there. I have an Ibanez rg350mdx at the moment. Im not satisfied with the sound though. Im not too sure how to describe it, it just feels like its lacking something. Would changing the pickups help? my current amp is a peavy bandit 112 solo series. I mainly play heavy metal. Ill probably have up to around £200 to spend. If you need any more information, just ask.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
^+1 save up and get a tube amp. your tone basically is your amp.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Pickups are always the very last thing I would put money into on a guitar unless they're damaged or complete garbage. I doubt the pickups on your guitar would fit into that category.

My list of priorities:
Bone nut / fret leveling / dressing polishing / setup.
Good quality bridge.
Tuners
Pots / switches / jack
Pickups

Of course any one of those that is much worse than the others gets a higher place in the priority list. And this is only what's most important to me. You'll need to decide for yourself where your own priorities are.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
amp first. you may realize that its not the pickups. it almost certainly isnt. go to GC/local music store with your guitar and try it through other amps (prefrebly tube) to see how it sounds.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Ok. Any suggestions on what to try?
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15

7>6!
considering you currently have a peavey, try out a tube peavey (windsor, valveking, etc.)
dont worry about pricing till your ready to buy- and dont expect it to be cheap!!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
^+1 vox makes great tube amps at a great price
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Thrash metal and metalcore mainly

Mah gear

Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15

7>6!
Quote by forsaknazrael
Crap...metal in the UK, with a small budget. I'm not good with low budget metal in the UK.

Post a new thread about getting a new amp, mention you're in the UK, your styles of music, and your budget.

I'd say "small budget" and "metal" pretty much never ends well... *hears a Bronze Warlock through a Line6 Spider in head*

A good metal tone is probably the hardest/most expensive type of guitar tone I can think of.
Quote by Aziraphale
I'd say "small budget" and "metal" pretty much never ends well... *hears a Bronze Warlock through a Line6 Spider in head*

A good metal tone is probably the hardest/most expensive type of guitar tone I can think of.

Precisely, man. Metal is probably the most expensive genre, when it comes to gear.
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
^+1 save up and get a tube amp. your tone basically is your amp.

Peavey valve king!
peavey valve king or marshall avt, pv winsor or that vox xl thingie
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club