when i have the volume up on the amp or the pedal the fuzz of the pedal decreases. Is there some way I need to help the big muff? It seems like the fuzz of mine sounds alot diff from the audio clips on guitar center or musicians friend.
audio clips are pretty much crap... the sound all depends on your rig, which im sure is not the same as the rig that was used on the audio clips

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
what kind of amp?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Fuzz pedals tend to smooth out as you turn your amp up, likewise if your amp is on 2 even the nicest fuzz pedal will sound fizzy and digital.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
SS of course. Now you have a dillema. Crank the amp and the amp sounds like ****.
Play quietly, your fuzz sounds like ****.
Get a tube amp.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
I dont care what anyone says, Big Muffs do not respond to amps in any very meaningful, noticable way. The tone on mine is almost the exact same on my Rocker 30 as it was on my AVT. If the fuzz decreases as you turn the amp up then turn up the sustain on the pedal as well till you get the tone you want.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
Tube Amps > SS.
In every way. They sound about 2.5x louder for the wattage, and they are tonally superior.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money