Right, i have a Epi G400 and i wanna shove some EMG pickups on there. I was thinking EMG because i know they can make a really nice metal sound plus people like Kirk Hammet and Zach Wylde use them.

The question is...which ones and where? I max I want out of it is kinda an "Enter Sandman" or "Master Of Puppets" crunchy metal sound (im a big Metallica fan ). Im not looking for the clean sound but i also want it to handle the kinda AC/DC sound outta them and i dunno whether a pair of 81s or an 81/85 or 81/60 or whatever

Just basically, please can someone help me?
zakk wylde*
and i would suggest 81/85
it works for zakk wylde lol
just give me a fender and let me rip
but instead of EMGs, should get duncans
nicer pickups
just give me a fender and let me rip
Ugh, ive been searching round the forums since i posted that and ive become amazed by the Seymour Duncan Blackout vs EMG saga. Im still investigating

My amp...well....im still a noob in the guitar world (i decided to pick it up 2 months ago because i loved Guitar Hero) so my amp is a Peavey Backstage 12 watt tube amp wannabe. The distortion okay...but i know your gonna say that i should get a new amp before changing the pickups
Quote by Taylor704
Ugh, ive been searching round the forums since i posted that and ive become amazed by the Seymour Duncan Blackout vs EMG saga. Im still investigating

My amp...well....im still a noob in the guitar world (i decided to pick it up 2 months ago because i loved Guitar Hero) so my amp is a Peavey Backstage 12 watt tube amp wannabe. The distortion okay...but i know your gonna say that i should get a new amp before changing the pickups

Yeah, I am going to say that. EMGs are designed to drive the front end of a tube amp. You might make your amp sound worse with active pickups.

Not all tube amps are expensive...and being that a set of EMGs + installation is going to cost around 200 dollars...that's almost halfway to a new amp that's better suited to the kind of music you play.