So now Im comfortable with the basic open chords and barre chords (the basic ones also). I was wondering what chords I should now begin to work on. I feel like I don't have a lot of selection if you see what im getting at. What chords did you learn at this juncture if you dont mind me asking :-)

Thanks dudes,
Jonathan
depends on what you like to play...my favourites are the maj7 and the add9...any roots really...

try using http://chordfind.com/ to build it up...helped me more than any lesson i bothered paying for
Quote by thebetterman
So now Im comfortable with the basic open chords and barre chords (the basic ones also). I was wondering what chords I should now begin to work on. I feel like I don't have a lot of selection if you see what im getting at. What chords did you learn at this juncture if you dont mind me asking :-)

Thanks dudes,
Jonathan

Try learning to construct your own chords; in terms of options it's quite liberating once you get used to the sound of the intervals.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Thanks.. Can I switch from certain chords to other chords (for example, from a basic open chord to a maj7?) or do i have the keep it in the same 'family' of chords?? if you know what im getting at that would be appreciated? :-)
I don't know if you feel like dropping a few bucks but if you are like me you like to work through a book. I find Guitar for Dummies to be super helpful with explaining chords and their familys. It starts out with the basic major and minor chords, goes into maj7, min7, etc. The book has been super helpful to me, especially when supplemented with the hal leonard book where I'm learning to read music.
~Nick