so i went to my local guitar center to see if they have a b-52 at112, so he says he doesn't at tells me that he can order one in. So i ask him if i can get some money off, and his response is that the prices are fixed and i don't control them.

so does this seem right?
Well the price they buy it at would be fixed i guess.
But what you can do is, when they get the amp in, be like oh this doesn't sound as good as i thought i don't think i like it for how much it costs, and maybe they will lower it lol.
The first part seems fine. The second part.. well, you were being too blunt about it. What you need to do is say "Look, all I've got is x amount of money, but I really want this amp," or "Well, I was thinking of getting one of these used, is there anything else you could throw in to sweeten the deal?"
...why would he give you money off? |:
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
novice...
go with hrdcorelaxplaya's idea, say you only have __ amount of money and you cant spend anymore then they'll give it to you for cheap, works every time.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Quote by Ghold125
so i went to my local guitar center to see if they have a b-52 at112, so he says he doesn't at tells me that he can order one in. So i ask him if i can get some money off, and his response is that the prices are fixed and i don't control them.

so does this seem right?

You were definitely being too blunt about it but word on the grapevine has it that guys in GC are being told not to give out discounts or do deals anymore. I have no idea if this is true myself, I live in the UK, but that's the rumor.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
The first part seems fine. The second part.. well, you were being too blunt about it. What you need to do is say "Look, all I've got is x amount of money, but I really want this amp," or "Well, I was thinking of getting one of these used, is there anything else you could throw in to sweeten the deal?"

+1
I breathe air.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You were definitely being too blunt about it but word on the grapevine has it that guys in GC are being told not to give out discounts or do deals anymore. I have no idea if this is true myself, I live in the UK, but that's the rumor.

It's true. Most of the employees cannot give discounts anymore, the computers don't allow them to alter prices. You'll have to get a manager involved if you're not willing to pay full price, or buy gear elsewhere.
Quote by sabres61
novice...
go with hrdcorelaxplaya's idea, say you only have __ amount of money and you cant spend anymore then they'll give it to you for cheap, works every time.

I never do this. I politely, but firmly, tell them that I have a price I'm willing to pay - and it's lower than the one they list the item at. If the salesman won't lower the price, I ask him to get me someone who can.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.