I really don't understand where all these people are coming from, I've been hearing alot lately how the Gt-10 sounds so awesome and is better than the X3 but I really am not hearing that at all. I mean check these videos out am I crazy or does the X3 sound much better and alot less digital......

Boss GT-10

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g_BFhh3vlM4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WAQKpSlLvO0

Pod X3

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RHaUN3RgUxc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k7-erK0aoFQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YGYbD5voB9M
I hate the sound of the GT-10. IMO, I think it sound digital and fake. I haven't heard the X3 yet. My money would be on the X3- it has many more features like bass and vocal modeling, USB audio interface, and the ability to update and add features as you go on.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
If you're into modelers, Line6 do it best.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
I still say gt-10
you gotta remember that both of those gt-10 clips were recorded via video camera mic, so the sound quality sucks.
vs that first X3 link was recorded properly.

edit:
wait are you actually buying one of these?!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Wow.... gt-10 is the way to go.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by kool98769
I still say gt-10
you gotta remember that both of those gt-10 clips were recorded via video camera mic, so the sound quality sucks.

edit:

+1 The one guy was using Cubase and its like a 700 dollar program It's great
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by kool98769
I still say gt-10

edit:

Yeah I'm getting an X3, I just wanted to know if people actually heard the Gt-10 to sound better in a side by side comparision because I'm just not hearing it. But tone is preference I suppose.....
Quote by Bostonrocks

Yeah but the second two sound better than the Gt-10 aswell.......Maybe there just poorly set up, but I'm just getting a digital sapceship vibe from the Gt-10. As opposed to the true to tube tone the X3 gets, if you think thats strecthing it look up a guy name Lincoln Brewster he's an amazing guitarist with great tone and he uses an X3 Live direct to the mixer live and recorded.
I haven't tried the GT-10 yet, but every Boss product I've tried just didn't cut it. Line 6's pedals, on the other hand, are awesome.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Bostonrocks

the program does nothing for the sound though...
well actually it does, but the interface and cables used are more important...
when it comes to editing the program can hurt or help sound but i doubt he edited the guitar track much to keep it comparable...

as for the one I liked most, I would go with the line6 X3...but both are way too high in price for my taste...
Last edited by moody07747 at Apr 15, 2008,
The GT-10 sounds better than the rest of the Boss units, but I'd still go with an X3 over the GT-10. Boss amp modeling sounds too box-y and sterile. The X3 has a lot more useable and pleasing amp models to chose from, plus there's the dual amp function.
Quote by sunung1188
i just bought a X3.

'get.it'

word

You should post some soundclips??
Quote by Guitarmiester
The GT-10 sounds better than the rest of the Boss units, but I'd still go with an X3 over the GT-10. Boss amp modeling sounds too box-y and sterile. The X3 has a lot more useable and pleasing amp models to chose from, plus there's the dual amp function.

The GT-10 has dual amp function also. One very important thing is that, even if the Line6 POD stuff sounds better, it won't be by a lot. Take into consideration the cheap manufacturing work the PODs have. Do a google search and see how many people say it sounds so good but that in the middle of a show, it was conking out on them. They also say they get screen flickers and even the wrong patch number to what's playing. Others have had it go dead, period. Now only only one did I read had something happen during a live performance but that's enough. See how many people have had that happen with their GT's. I guarantee you, if you find one, it will be 1 for every 10 of their competition. You need professional, well made equipment when recording or playing live. Yes, I know many of you will say "I never have had a problem with my POD". Yeah, most of you will not be using it day in and day out in live situations where you're really stomping on it. A hard metal case doesn't mean good internal construction and electronics. Those who have played live with no problems on the POD have a higher chance of it happening some day.
I also refresh the comment that the GT-10 sound, on those videos, was recorded with a cheap computer microphone in front of the speakers as opposed to a direct signal from the unit directly into the computer's sound card. That is a night and day difference. Also look at the choice of music. The GT-10 wasn't even given a video where full blown chords were being played.
I get amazing tone out of the GT-10. I run the output from the pedal into the poweramp input on my Fender Hotrod Deluxe. The tube warmth in the power amp just makes it perfect.

I also run the signal through a BBE sonic stomp.

Samick SPG650FF SBS Electric
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
Why'd you bump a 5 month old thread?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

+1, I'm pretty sure they figured it out by now.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Because it feels good. Actually, I recently bought the GT-10 and started doing google searches on it. I came across this one and couldn't help but want to add my two cents. Ok, it was a quarter.
Quote by Osiris77
I really don't understand where all these people are coming from, I've been hearing alot lately how the Gt-10 sounds so awesome and is better than the X3 but I really am not hearing that at all. I mean check these videos out am I crazy or does the X3 sound much better and alot less digital......

You cant go off youtube for audio samples TBH, everything is so compressed and in Mono. I suggest trying them out in person if you can. It's really the best way to get to know these type of products. Read the manuals online first before going to the store so you have an idea of how each will work and so you can tweak the sounds a little.

Also try them on a similar amp to the one you plan to use at home.
Quote by mannydingo
Because it feels good. Actually, I recently bought the GT-10 and started doing google searches on it. I came across this one and couldn't help but want to add my two cents. Ok, it was a quarter.

But why bump it again? I'm pretty sure the TS got a X3.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by moody07747
You cant go off youtube for audio samples TBH, everything is so compressed and in Mono. I suggest trying them out in person if you can. It's really the best way to get to know these type of products. Read the manuals online first before going to the store so you have an idea of how each will work and so you can tweak the sounds a little.

Also try them on a similar amp to the one you plan to use at home.

I tried the GT-10 out at guitar center didnt really like it that much so I got an X3 about three months ago. I definately like it alot more than the GT-10 the harmonizer on the GT-10 was almost to hard to pass up. But I really sat down and thought about it and at the end of the day tone is always the number one reason to buy any music related product. Plus I got the X3 Live for $380 shipped from musicans friend it was a scratch and dent but I still havent figured out why, it was a little dust though....Anyways I had the X3 live for a little over 3 months I havent had a single issue with it plus it sounds great and for how much I paid it it was probably the best music related purchase I've ever made.