only one I know how to do is Drop D

how do you do drop C or drop B? and what other cool alternate tunings are there that you guys know how to do?
I know DADADD which alter bridge uses quite a bit.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
To do Drop C, tune to drop d, and then tune all the strings on the fifth fret, like with normal tuning. The do drop d from there, but itll be C instead. pretty easy imo.
Quote by MasterOfCows
I know DADADD which alter bridge uses quite a bit.

Lawlz, that's cause they have ADD which is why they suuuuck..

DADGAD is common for like bluesy slide guitar, and Zeppelin and Skynyrd have both used that tuning.
Also, get thicker guage strings if you plan on dropping that low, if you're playing on like .9's you're gonna be floppin all over the place.
open tuning:
drop the lowest string one whole step, the next string one whole step, and the top string one whole step.

drop tuning:
drop the lowest string one whole step. (double drop = both lowest and highest strings down 1 step)

to change the key, ie from d to c, just change each string up or down a step.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
for drop C you tune your low E down two C, then tune the rest down one
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
Quote by ledzepprules09
Lawlz, that's cause they have ADD which is why they suuuuck..

DADGAD is common for like bluesy slide guitar, and Zeppelin and Skynyrd have both used that tuning.

You are failure for saying that Alter Bridge sucks. But you're awesome for liking Zeppelin and Skynyrd. But they cancel each other out... so I guess you don't exist...
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
Quote by ledzepprules09

Isn't DADGAD one of the typical irish folk/celtic guitar tunings?
Slide tunings are commonly tuned to major chords, like open-D (DADF#AD) or open-G (DGDGBD)...

I also like DGCGCD (stolen from Led Zeppelin , EAC#EAC# (tuned to an open-A chord, stolen from Tea Party) and open-C tuning (CGCGCE) or it's variation CGCGCD (again stolen from Tea Party

There's an insame amount of possibilities...just experiment. But most of them suit themselves more for classic rock or either blues or folk-type music.
DADFAD - open Dm tuning, Opeth use it on Ghost Reveries
(just tune the top three strings down a step and drop the bottom to D)
AGCFAD - Mastodon use it in heavier stuff, don't bother trying it with light strings >_>
(tune to D standard then make the bottom string an octave lower than the second fret on the G string)
Quote by qotsa1998
To do Drop C, tune to drop d, and then tune all the strings on the fifth fret, like with normal tuning. The do drop d from there, but itll be C instead. pretty easy imo.

do 4th fret on the G string right?

And what about Drop B? is there an officiant way of tuning to Drop B like with C. I like how you explained it because idk how to do it with an electric tuner.
Quote by ksmash5
do 4th fret on the G string right?

And what about Drop B? is there an officiant way of tuning to Drop B like with C. I like how you explained it because idk how to do it with an electric tuner.

a tuner is absolutely necessary for first experimenting with drop tunings, imo.

drop B is half a step below drop C. it's also referred to as drop d then one and a half steps down.
Quote by ledzepprules09
Also, get thicker guage strings if you plan on dropping that low, if you're playing on like .9's you're gonna be floppin all over the place.

i noticed that with my strings. i have extra light gauge (something like that), and whenever i go to drop c they're always flopping around. doesn't sound bad, they're probably not much lighter than my previous strings (just changed strings last weekend).
Quote by Metallica_Man55
a tuner is absolutely necessary for first experimenting with drop tunings, imo.

drop B is half a step below drop C. it's also referred to as drop d then one and a half steps down.

But there's no c on the tuner.. how do you tune it with a tuner then?
Quote by ksmash5
But there's no c on the tuner.. how do you tune it with a tuner then?

no c on the tuner? that's the strangest tuner i've ever heard of.

the answer is buy a better tuner. no offense, but if you have this many questions, a crappy tuner is not going to be of any help.
Quote by qotsa1998

"wouldnt that be like extra-vibration of strings?" :S
Open E minor is cool, and very easy. Just tune the 4th and 5th strings up a full step. Sounds cool, fun tuning.
BADGBe

i nicknamed it the easy B tuning as you can do the 2 string powerchord shape on B and A and get a heavy sounding octave chord.
Quote by 5/4
F-Bb-D-G-Bb-F

My favorite, as of late.

wtf? Do you tune up? Or do you actually go that low?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

CGCFAD - my standard
B/C standard - starting to gain interest in, by this point more looking to get a 7 string
Drop B - probably going to go down to if i ever join a band again (easier on 5 string bassists)

there was another one i cannot for the life of me remember, it had some.. very interesting oppertunities. it was based off of drop C, and i think it dropped the low C string another whole step, and dropped F a half step (this is where im foggy). it allowed 'standard' power chords on the low string and interesting chord shapes.

currently trying to find a way to tune all 5ths successfully.

all major 3rds is interesting

then theres the time i played in drop G, but even i thought it a bit excessive

i use 70-11 strings
Last edited by Sabaren at Apr 18, 2008,
Quote by ksmash5
yeah it just has EADGBe

that tuner probably came with your guitar, unless you paid a REALLY low price for it. it's pretty much only good for staying in standard tuning. i highly recommend getting a more advanced tuner.
Zeppelin actually have loads of different tunings, but google it im to lazy to typem all out :P
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.