So, my boss calls and wakes me up at like noon...I thought he was going to make me come in and work today.
*I was literally on the phone with my boss when I was taking these...*

(I dont want to go in and work )

He actually called to tell me my Orange Rockerverb 50 combo came in!

(Happy! Yes, Im still on the phone with him in this one lol)

So, I go to my work to pick it up. Its a big box...so I had to cram it into the front seat of my gf's car.

(Orange riding shotgun )

We finally get home and I get to open it up!

And now its at home, in the corner, waiting to rocked on.

(Im pedal-less at the moment. My dad uses mine for when he plays gigs with his band so...)

Anyways, sound clips will be up soon!

The amp sounds way better than it did in the store when I tried it out. I got to really push it! Although the speakers are still breaking in, theres still so much punch and clarity. Sooo milky smooth!

I should be getting an Orange 2x12 extension cab for it soon. Yay!

I would suggest this over the Rocker 30 to anyone looking into Orange Rocker amps. The Rockerverb amps are more expensive, but so worth it! They have a LOT of gain on tap, and their midrange is so creamy and fat sounding. Cuts through the mix like a knife! Man. GET ONE!
I'm jealous.

Congratz.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
HOLY AMP!!! That thing is rather large. Eats p*ssy amps like mine for breakfast ha ha! Nice faces too! =P
Lol at the pics. Only a UG'er would think "Oh no, pics or it didn't happen! Better take some!"
'Grats man! I think this would be my (almost) perfect amp. One day
How are the cleans?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by FRDesign
What kind of Mesa.

I had a Triple Recto on top of a Mesa 4x12 cab.
Quote by cmakkidguitar
'Grats man! I think this would be my (almost) perfect amp. One day
How are the cleans?

The cleans are awesome. Miles above my old Mesa, and way better than my Marshall JCM900. Very chimey and full. And when you push the volume to about 12 o'clock or above you get a really nice "just about to overdrive" crunch.

The reverb is nice too. Its a cathedral type verb and adds a lot of dynamics to the clean channel.
^ oooh, thats not what i wanted to hear
I'm almost certain thats the amp for me in a few years now....
GAS, bloody GAS =(
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Yeah man, it really is a great amp. It does everything I ever wanted from my Mesa! And at the same time can get really dark and gritty like the Recto could. Plus, at only 50watts, I can push it pretty hard without my landlord getting too mad. lol
:- ) Bet your heart was pounding like crazy when you were taking that rockerverb out!

It looks like mine! So I'm no longer the only 50 combo owner on UG (that I'm aware of).
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Apr 15, 2008,
I tried one of those out along with a Tiny Terror before I got my Carvin V3, I was originally going to play for maybe 20 minutes but I was there for over 2 hours. Orange amps are so ridiculously beautiful sounding, it's too bad I couldn't afford a new one and on top of that finding one for sale new or used was too much of a hassle so I gave up.
Nice amp! I would secks it.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.

Like I said, Ill try and hurry to get clips up. Ill do a Marshall vs. Orange thread maybe with my JCM900 the Orange. lol Idk.
yes!

and because i once upon a time urged you to get this, i get to play it vicariously through you
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by kurdtkobaign

Like I said, Ill try and hurry to get clips up. Ill do a Marshall vs. Orange thread maybe with my JCM900 the Orange. lol Idk.

How would you compare them, as (I don't have the funding for an Orange) the Marshall may be my next amp, but as i say, i think this is the amp for me in the long run
Just a brief comparison - I'm expecting the Orange to destroy it, but are there many similarities?
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
yes!

and because i once upon a time urged you to get this, i get to play it vicariously through you

I SHALL DO IT TRIUMPHANTLY!
Quote by cmakkidguitar
How would you compare them, as (I don't have the funding for an Orange) the Marshall may be my next amp, but as i say, i think this is the amp for me in the long run
Just a brief comparison - I'm expecting the Orange to destroy it, but are there many similarities?

(All IMO)
Marshall JCM900 4102 vs. Orange Rockerverb 50 combo
*Im doing this off the top of my head, based on how they sound CRANKED*
Ill start with the cleans;

Marshall cleans: Dry. Kinda dull. No real shimmer. Punchy though.

(hold on my Pizza Pockets are done...

...K back)

Orange cleans: Sparkly. Full, with a high end shimmer. When you turn the highs down, the mids come out beautifully for lots of punch.

Marshall crunch: Obviously where this amp feels at home. Lots of punch. Tight low end. Smooth saturation. The only problem I have with it is that it sounds a bit thin. Lots of upper midrange, but not a lot of low mids. Which I have to have!

Orange crunch: Bliss. Pure, smooth saturation. Lots of low end punch. The thing I like about it is that the high end isnt scratchy like the Marshall and ESPECIALLY my old Triple Recto! No fizz, no fuzz.

Marshall full gain all out: Wow, I gotta say...I love it. Hooked up through a full stack, even a halfstack, you can feel it to your bones. The upper midrange is still way too present though for my tastes...but for some its perfect. The low end stays pretty tight, even at full gain/volume. And clarity is still pretty much maintained. Id say a bit more than the Orange even. Obviously, at this point Im talking about here, this is where Marshall has such a good name. There is no sound like a Marshall cranked all the way up at full gain.

Orange full gain all out!: SATURATION! I didnt turn it up all the way...still breaking in the speakers and Im overly cautious lol. But, the thing I love about the Orange that the Marshall just doesnt have is a completely full mid range. The Marshall has a lot of upper mids while the Orange has a lot of everything. The bottom end was tight. And the amp was super punchy and responsive. Even at this point the amp was still super smooth, and it didnt get harsh sounding at all. Id say it roars, but not as much as the Marshall at this point. But at band practice/gig volume...the Orange excels at everything, IMO.

Reverb: The reverb on the Marshall is hands down the best verb Ive heard. I compare all others to it. The Orange has great verb, but theres something about the Marshall's that I just love.

Overall, my obvious pick here is the Orange. The Marshall is a great alternative if theyre not readily available to you in your area or if theyre out of your budget. Youd just have to try em both out. When I start gigging again Ill use both!

Words cant do what your ears can. Ill try to have clips up ASAP!