first of all are les pauls good for metal?

is the neck thin like an ibanez?

is there any disadvantages to the studion from the origianl that are really noticeable?
1. That's open to interpretation. Out of the LP's, this one would probably be worse than say, a regular studio, since it's got lower- output pickups. Most people prefer higher- output pickups for metal guitars, though.
2. The neck is essentially a tree trunk. If you're looking for something shred- tastic, this isn't it.
3. The quality control on these is genearally worse than the regular Studios, which is generally slightly worse than the Standards.
gibson.
another guy was selling his flying v.
is the neck thin on those or is it the same as a les paul?
Quote by All_Bodies
gibson.
another guy was selling his flying v.
is the neck thin on those or is it the same as a les paul?

No Gibsons have a neck anywhere near as thin as an Ibanez. I think the V's neck is a bit thinner, but not much.
If you're looking for a neck that is Ibanez thin, then you're looking in the wrong place my friend. There are no Gibsons with nearly that thin of a neck. Most of them are thick as hell, some a little less than others. For all intents and purposes, I would stick with Ibanez, ESP, Jackson, or maybe Schecter (although their necks aren't so thin either).
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.