Hey!

My next purchase is going to be a PRS SE Singlecut.

However, im really used to having 2 volumes, as i never use tone pots, on all my guitars, sans my strat, so id like it on the PRS.

I use it mainly for flicking off after a song, and occasionally killswitching.

So how would i convert the tone pot to a volume?

Cheers
PC
just connect it like you would a normal volume pot...

but its gonna be a linear pot instead of a logarithmic... but it will still work
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I assume, just replacing it with a volume pot and wiring it that way would work?

Im possibley swapping the pickups out for EMGs or PRS Dragons, so in those cases, will i need 250 or 500k pots?
yea you can just buy a volume pot and install them.

As for the value if they are passive, 250k if you want it to sound slightly warmer, and 500k for brighter, but with active pups you need like 25k pots.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Ah cool, ive only ever swapped out passive pickups, most likely going for passives again, cos i've been reading about EMGs on here...

Thanks man!
PC
You need to remove the capacitor! Basicly, a tone pot is a volume pot with a capacitor to let through the low frequencies. Remove the cap' and connect it like a volume pot.
This said, maybe you should consider trying to use your tone pot? Use mild distortion and put a treble booster in front, then play with your pots. You can get lots of diffent tones.
After 6 years of playing, ive never needed it, and in the future, if i do, i always have my les paul copy or my SG to cover it.
Most guitars the vol and tone pots are the same. Just get rid of cap and hook it up like a vol.