How would I go about adding lights near my valves in my Bugera 6262? It's 120w and I think it runs at 0.5A.

I want to have it slowly light up so I thought I'd use a resistor with a capacitor. I don't know if it can handle it or not. What would be the best way?

Get a transformer?
Build a separate circuit using a 9v battery and some resistors. Should be very easy to make that way. If you want to wire it into the amps circuitry your in for a much harder time.

Tis site explains it fairly well.
http://unclean.org/howto/led_circuit.html
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
Build a separate circuit using a 9v battery and some resistors. Should be very easy to make that way. If you want to wire it into the amps circuitry your in for a much harder time.

Tis site explains it fairly well.
http://unclean.org/howto/led_circuit.html

Thats actually not a bad idea. I've heard that adding random stuff into your amps circuitry can also suck tone/create noise so a 9 volt on a separate circuit would be your best bet.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Vulture1
But where would I place the switch?

the problem is your going to have to get a drill and make a hole for the switch. I cant think of a way to wire it up to you amps on/off, unles you replaced the amp's on/off switch with a more complex one

would there have to be shielded wire for the LED circuit ? i know its just a 9v battery but i'm thinking about noise
Quote by Def
the problem is your going to have to get a drill and make a hole for the switch. I cant think of a way to wire it up to you amps on/off, unles you replaced the amp's on/off switch with a more complex one

would there have to be shielded wire for the LED circuit ? i know its just a 9v battery but i'm thinking about noise

Shielded wire is not much more expensive, so when in doubt you should ALWAYS try and minimize the possibility of added noise.

Any change inside the amp, whether wired in to its circuit or not, has a potential to add noise or change the tone. Take the obvious steps to minimize it, then if it is an issue afterwards, you can experiment.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this