Page 1 of 2
ok first of all, don't post if your just going to flame my friend, he knows hes stupid for doing it but now we need help.

ok so hes been skippin school for a while with a few guys, usually one or 2 classes or just lunch and study block. well he has been going over to this hospital parking lot with some "friends" and they have been looking in the cars to steal stuff (cigs, money, etc). the first time, a security guard came out and told them not to come back. they did again, and then the security gaurd said not to come back one more time. so my friend and his "friends" found one unlocked car and went in it and took some cigs, and they went to a few cars and checked to see if they were unlocked by trying to open doors. turns out the hospitle has pretty good security and they caught all of it on tape. its even worse cause his mom works at the hospital. they got his face, and his friends faces, on camera. hes pretty ****ed. hes going to be questioned by police tomorrow. i told him just to tell the truth. but he said he can go to juvy (hes 16) for breaking into cars.

so i told him to say he was breaking into cars, and say he was only looking for money. he only opened one car and his "friends" did mostly everything. so heres the things he can be charged with

1) breaking into a car
2) stealing things (idk if they caught him stealing the cigs but thats all they stole, no money, but if it comes down to it and they don't have evidence of him stealing things, i said to say he was looking for money only and he didn't find any)
3) skipping school (hes been caught so many times for this but now its worse since he commited crimes while the school was responsible for him)

what should he do. are these misdomeanors or felonies? what are the punishments at least and at worst. what can he do. i know there is "innocent until proven guilty", but they have evidence so he is going to get in trouble but were trying to figure out how to get him in the least trouble.

help please?
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
at least its not you
he's screwed.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Make sure he knows not to drop the soap.

Unless he's into that.

You never know.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
It'll probably all blow over and he'll get away with it, and be older and wiser for the experience.
yeah he should be as honest as possible, be real nice, and try to work with the cops. play the innocent, i just wanted to fit in card and he should be given a slap on the wrist. he isnt going to be shipped off to juvy for a first offense. they tend to save that for people with a long rap list or someone that does something much more serious than breaking into cars to steal cigs.

out of curiosity were they busting out windows to get in or just looking for unlocked doors?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Yeah, I've known people to do that at night time and the such, but not from hospital parking lots. Of Course there's gonna be cameras, especially if it's a large hospital.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
yeah he should be as honest as possible, be real nice, and try to work with the cops. play the innocent, i just wanted to fit in card and he should be given a slap on the wrist. he isnt going to be shipped off to juvy for a first offense. they tend to save that for people with a long rap list or someone that does something much more serious than breaking into cars to steal cigs.

out of curiosity were they busting out windows to get in or just looking for unlocked doors?

just unlocked doors.

should he say he stole money? or cigs.
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
let him get in trouble, lil bastard will learn his lesson then
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
And think of this:

Some people go to hospitals to see loved ones who could be terminally ill and when they get back to their car, some little sh*ts broke into their cars to take things, only adding more unnecessary problems
First post made me lol.

Serves your friend right. What kind of idiot breaks into cars in a hospital parking lot? The person probably left it unlocked because they were an inch away from death and had to get into the hospital. Then they come out and their cigarettes/money is gone! You just fucked up their day.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
Quote by fenderbassist12
just unlocked doors.

Both, just to be on the safe side if he Did take both, because if he says he just took cigarrettes, and the cops new he took money as well, or vise-versa, he'd be even more ****ed. They would not appreciate being lied to, that's something that I've found out the hardway, lucky though I could run faster
ok listen, hes been my best friend since i was like 5. he ****ed up, we know. don't try and make us feel bad for him doing it, don't say hes an idiot. we know. i dont care what you think. im just here to find out what he should say to the police.

thank you nolauraltree i appreciate your input

EDIT: what is the legal offense for breaking into a car without busting down windows?
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by metaldud536
And think of this:

Some people go to hospitals to see loved ones who could be terminally ill and when they get back to their car, some little sh*ts broke into their cars to take things, only adding more unnecessary problems

yeah, but if he stole cigs then he's saving them from getting cancer also
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by fenderbassist12
just unlocked doors.

well atleast by saying cigs, he could be like well, i cant buy them, and i smoke , etc etc. plus its not illegal to smoke as a minor, just to buy them for a minor. its a bad excuse but atleast its something.

as for money, it depends on how much they stole. once you steal over a certain amount it becomes more than just a simple misdiminor. but assuming they were only getting loose change and a couple of dollar bills, id say he shouldnt be in too much trouble even if he admitted to it.

plus if his "friends" talk too, they are going to definatley going to say he took some of the money too.

id say in this situation, honesty and acting real sorry for what you did is the best policy.

maybe he should offer to pay for everything he stole, moneywise and cigwise. it wont get him off the hook, but might help to show that he is truly sorry for what he did.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Quote by gnrliesmanlies
So, this "friend" broke into cars.
Nice cover-up but The Pit sees through your facade.

Those were my thoughts exactly. Just tell the truth to the cops, It's you(r) "friend's" mistake by stealing from people's cars in a HOSPITAL parking lot. Seriously, how low can you sink by stealing from people that are terminally ill and/or have problems?
will he get expelled from school?

EDIT: and he didnt steal any money, its just an excuse to say he wasn't stealing cigs.
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by Crutchy

Serves your friend right. What kind of idiot breaks into cars in a hospital parking lot? The person probably left it unlocked because they were an inch away from death and had to get into the hospital. Then they come out and their cigarettes/money is gone! You just fucked up their day.

yeap
I wouldnt worry about it to much he probably just get like community service or something. Nothing major
"Well you said I might get laid more if I didn't play pokemon... but I decided getting laid more isn't worth not catching them all."

E-married to the Super Fantastical simply_me(:
its not even the sick parking lot, its the workers parking lot where the doctors and people that work there park.
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
You better tell the complete truth and just act really respectful and really sorry and you better not lie or that will just get you in 3458x as deep.
Woah! He must be such a rebel. Stealing cigarettes! Wow!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Soul-Monger
If you crouch down instead, they put it in your ear.

I always thought crouching down was foolproof.

But, TS, your friend; get him sent to child prison, then bust him out, with guns and knives and slash the guards' throats, and take hostages and set fire to other prisoners and rape a conveniently placed girl in the process....
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by fenderbassist12

EDIT: and he didnt steal any money, its just an excuse to say he wasn't stealing cigs.

meh things that happen outside of school shouldnt effect him inside of school. all though he did skip school so he might get in trouble for that, but this didnt happen on school grounds and has nothing to do with school so id say no.

i think he should say he was stealing cigs. thats better than saying he was stealing money IMO
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Yeah, offer to pay for what he/you (I don't know if it was you or actually a friend) stole.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
say he took the cigarettes to try and stop the people from getting cancer or something...
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
alright. and to clear this up this isn't me. if it was id say it was me. im just tryin to help out a friend. he called me from his house phone cause he doesnt have his cell anymore and told me to look this stuff up and what kinda trouble he can get in.
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by fenderbassist12
alright. and to clear this up this isn't me. if it was id say it was me. im just tryin to help out a friend. he called me from his house phone cause he doesnt have his cell anymore and told me to look this stuff up and what kinda trouble he can get in.

Aight. He should tell the truth and offer to pay for everything.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
honestly the best way would just ad mitt to it and take the fall like a man. it shows a lot about your character and you might get less of a sentence
Quote by RyanGillam
You got to admire people that share their problems over the internet.

Quote by Våd Hamster
....You need a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpg >_>
Quote by fenderbassist12

Would he go if he wasn't expelled? I mean he WAS supposed to be in school, but he, instead, decided to go break into cars in a HOSPITAL parking lot. Thats gotta be the lowest of the low.
I say if he comes clean, cooperates, and just agrees not to do it again, he should just get a slap on the wrist.
...Ahhh, good ol' American justice
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
You friends a moron. He deserves what he gets. Thats karma baby.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Page 1 of 2