Im a beginner only been playin for about 3 and a half months and i dont know if i have a crappy guitar or a crappy amp. i have a spider 3 amp 15 watt and a laguna L122 i have heard lots of mixed reviews about the amp and i dont know if laguna is a good brand or not i was thinking about getting a epi les paul in a few months but i didnt know if i should get a new amp bfore i get a new guitar any help?
your spider is a good practice amp. It would probably be better to get a new amp and you should try saving up for a tube combo. What kind of music do you like cuz thats important for a new amp. The Laguna is an ok practice gutiar, but a new guitar will not help your tone that much.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
i really dont know what to say when people at guitar center ask me that but i love GnR and clapton and BB king those r just some types i want to play like
Your amp and guitar are fine. You shouldn't need to upgrade for at least a few months yet.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Ok then get a new amp. It's a bit pricy for a second amp, but i would really advice you to save up for a decent tube combo. You can look at some fender combos like the blues jr. If you want to save up a bit more you can go for the hot rod devilles and those are really worth it. But to get those types of tones you just need a decent tube amp. If you want more gain then you can get something like the TS808 and get some great tones.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/tube-guitar-combo-amps?N=100001+338503+10 most of these should do it.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
ok Im still a noob so its it true that u cant have a amp that gives a sound close to slash for a dirty channel and i clean sound like clapton because i want to get a sound like both of them
Quote by hooperalltheway
ok Im still a noob so its it true that u cant have a amp that gives a sound close to slash for a dirty channel and i clean sound like clapton because i want to get a sound like both of them

Look at my post. Those will give you what you want, but the amp you have now is ok for practice.
Quote by timi_hendrix
He's been playing for three months, tube is not the way to go.

Im not looking to buy anything right now just in the future i wanted to know wat to spend my money on