apparantly in my school district, my amp seems to be the amp of choice

five or six of my friends all have my amp!!!

its a fender hot rod deluxe

i love the cleans on my amp and i hate the overdrive, i only like it cranked and combined with my tubescreamer, but i cant crank my amp because my house will blow up

i was just hired as a caddie and i found out i'll be reeling in 500-600$ average each week over the summer, so i figured i would sell my hot rod and get something else

I AM STICKING WITH A FENDER PRODUCT

i was looking into these amps online and i wanted to know your opinions on them

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Super-Sonic-112-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103647061-i1145464.gc

Fender Super-Sonic 112, it seems like it has more versatile distortion which i am a fan of

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-65-Twin-Reverb-Amp-100128187-i1145362.gc

65 twin reverb amp, my friend has one of these from 73 and i love the tone. he plays through a telecaster which i am planning on getting so i can get a pretty similar tone

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Twin-Amp-100-Watt-All-Tube-Guitar-Amp-480649-i1145377.gc

fender twin amp 100-watt, the main thing about this amp that really caught my attention is the 1/4 wattage switch. i really love the idea of doing that because i had a 45 minute argument with my parents today about my amp being too loud on 1.5. This amp also has a overdrive channel. nothing can be worse than my hot rods od so anything will be an upgrade. this amp also has footswitchable reverb, effects loop, and tremelo

i actually think i will be purchasing the fender twin amp

edit: i pretty much gave up on my quest for an orange amp, but i realizedi could get one easily this summer. i wasplanning on getting the orange rockerverb50 what do you think i should do
opinions?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Last edited by timzee117 at Apr 15, 2008,
the Twin is a classic
get that
i really don't think you'll be disappointed
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
bump

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

The 1/4 option on the twin seems like a good feature for you. I have not tried that Orange so I can't help you there, but I have played the fenders recently and you will need an OD pedal to get better break up earlier on them. They excel at cleans as you know and I think they are better amps than the HRD. Good luck.
Hmmm.......for that type of budget you could afford some of the original blackface amps. The Fender amp loyalty puzzles me slightly, but if I were doing Fender I'd track down on old Bassman head and build a solid pedal board.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Get a Traynor instead - there's no point sticking to a brand just for the hell of it, you need some justification and there isn't any in your case.

You want better overdrive with more gain and Fender isn't the place to be looking.

Traynor YCV50 or 40 are ideal for you, the Orange Rocker 30 would be good too...try them all and see which one you like best.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Here's an idea: Put a couple 5751 preamp tubes in that amp, and watch your disgusting gain become both usable and musical. Shocking!
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Here's an idea: Put a couple 5751 preamp tubes in that amp, and watch your disgusting gain become both usable and musical. Shocking!

dude, are you serious ?

if that is true, i will love you forever !
how many and where ? (V1,V2,V3 ?)

also, which tube would you recommend for a fender blues deluxe ?
Quote by The red Strat.
dude, are you serious ?

if that is true, i will love you forever !

how many and where ? (V1,V2,V3 ?)

also, which tube would you recommend for a fender blues deluxe ?

It worked well in my Champ 600, I've played a Deville with it done (although I think the Deville had 12AT7's), and there's some evidence on HC that it works. It's worth pointing out that a 12AT7 isn't technically rated for the something (voltage?) that Fender amps use, and the 5751 is.

You could put one in V1, or two in V1 and V2, or replace all three.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
It worked well in my Champ 600, I've played a Deville with it done (although I think the Deville had 12AT7's), and there's some evidence on HC that it works. It's worth pointing out that a 12AT7 isn't technically rated for the something (voltage?) that Fender amps use, and the 5751 is.

You could put one in V1, or two in V1 and V2, or replace all three.

yes, obviously , but i mean which tube will affect my drive channel ?

do you have any recommendations ? the only 5751 in the tubes thread is a sovtek....