hey.... I'm headed off to college this year and I'm trying to figure out what I should bring with me. Unfortunately... i dont think i'll be bringing all my gear with me... I just dont want to take the chances that it will be stolen or anything. The deville is just to darn big and heavy.

Anyways, I'm looking for an amp that I can play in my dorm room, but it still has enough power to cut through the mix in a small club. I play mainly reggae and indie, and those are the genres i'll be playing through college probably.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Boss TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss TR-2
Boss RV-3 (best pedal ever!)
Boss BF-3
Line 6 DL4
Peavy Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Blues Junior
I like the Orange TT.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
haha my bad... forgot my price range.

im looking to spend between 300 and 500 bucks.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Boss TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss TR-2
Boss BF-3
Line 6 DL4
Peavy Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Blues Junior
Yeah man check it out, Classic 30 maybe?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

if you like the tone of your hot rod get a fender blues junior

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Take a look at the Cube 60x man,

its quite versatile, has a jack for headphones (for those late night jamming urges), and has 60 watts of power, (all though its not a tube, it can get pretty loud)

my only concern is if it'll be loud enough for you,
but any venue where'll you'll need it THAT loud they'll most likely have you mic it up to the PA

best of luck to you at college,

heres a link :
http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/EN/CUBE-60/features.html

p.s.
this amps a modeling amp, so that might be an advantage considering you dont want to take all your stuff. no doubt this wont be the same as that tube screamer or marshall stack, but it'll get close enough for only taking one amp. Depends how much space you need, how much great tone you demand. Best thing to do?
try it out my friend
My Gear:
Fender American 60's Strat
Peavey Valveking Stack
Boss ME-50
Homebrew Crystal Bawl Wah
if you're worrying about "cutting through" the mix the 60 is really really loud. But, I'd go tube.

yeah i was looking at the epi valve junior.. the question is does it have enough headroom for a loud enough clean setting?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Boss TU-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss OD-2
Boss TR-2
Boss BF-3
Line 6 DL4
Peavy Delta Blues 2x10
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Blues Junior
Quote by outofmyelement?
yeah i was looking at the epi valve junior.. the question is does it have enough headroom for a loud enough clean setting?

No.
15 watters probably won't have enough clean headroom either. The cube may be your best option.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
vox ad30vt. good amp. not true tube it works great in my dorm with the attenuator on the back
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte