Ok I am looking for a small Tube Combo Amp between say 400-700 dollars. I don't mind if it's used or on ebay etc., I just needs to be accessible in that price range.

Style of music:

I am in a band that is influenced by Jimmy Eat World and Angels and Airwaves, and that is the kind of stuff I am playing the most of, that sound I mean.

RATM, RHCP, Billy Talent, Incubus, etc.

I also love to play Pink Floyd, Cream and other stuff like that.

I want a real amazing clean sound though too.

I am open to buying pedals for all my distortion needs, but I just want an amp that takes pedals well.

Amps I have been looking at:

PV Classic 30 New and Used
Crate V series in general
Traynor YCV40WR
Vox AC15
Fender Blues Jr. and Hot Rod Deluxe

Just give me your ideas.
My Gear
Agile AL-3100
Crate GT65
Boss DS-2
Last edited by L3P4rk0ur4l1f3 at Apr 16, 2008,
Traynor or the Peavey but they might be a little to vintage voiced for stuff like A7X.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Traynor or the Peavey but they might be a little to vintage voiced for stuff like A7X.

True, but a7x is very rarely in my arsenal, check out the update I made, I should have put that it in the first place.
My Gear
Agile AL-3100
Crate GT65
Boss DS-2
FENDER HOT ROD DELUXE has amazing cleans

you'll need a pedal for distortions though

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

although i dont really like a7x, a peavey 5150 is great if you wanna play their stuff.
but i dont think it would be versatile enough.
maybe a b-52 at112, heard they are pretty versatile.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Definitely don't get the 5150 if you want amazing cleans, not too sure about the b52 at112 either if you want amazing cleans.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
If you want amazing cleans, get the fender and pedals. Im not sure how it takes pedals though. For good cleans and good overdrive + versatility, get the classic 30. Not sure about the traynor though
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by Vandals572
Definitely don't get the 5150 if you want amazing cleans, not too sure about the b52 at112 either if you want amazing cleans.

yeah 5150 cleans=suck
but i dont use them so i dont mind.
a fender could work, but i doubt you'll really be able to get a convincing a7x tone even with and OD.
but maybe, i dont know try it out, seems like it would be good for everything else
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
As I have said before A7X not really part of what I play too much. Any other help would be appreciated

Taking that off so it's not necessary
My Gear
Agile AL-3100
Crate GT65
Boss DS-2
traynor all the way, its my next amp
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Get the Peavey and replace the Preamp tubes. It'll sound great even if you don't, but ditching those crappy Sovtek preamp tubes for a set of JJs or even Groove Tubes makes a great amp even more spectacular.