I need a good distortion pedal for paramore sounds, and should i get a compression pedal for my cleans? i play a randall rh200sc and at high volumes my clean gets to distorted. i play a g-400 if that helps.
I'm pretty sure they use Mesa Rectifiers.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt

wow. props to paramore for good amp choice.

if you cant really narrow down what kind of distortion it is,
check out a BOSS DS-1 or DS-2.
those are the pedals that are just straight, versatile distortion.

im pretty sure paramore stuff isnt too metallic,
so with a DS-1 or DS-2, a little fidding on the knobs and equalizing on your amp,
you'll find the tone in no time
My Gear:
Fender American 60's Strat
Peavey Valveking Stack
Boss ME-50
Homebrew Crystal Bawl Wah
Quote by tr3nt

I'm not to sure about that my friend knows the bassist and he said they got a Peavey endorsement. So I'd assume there using either XXX's or 6505's......But who knows maybe didnt take any of the Guitar amps.
You might be right, I was just going off by what someone said here on the boards, I'll check it out quick though.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I don't like paramore's tone. 0_o though I am a fan of them.

There's a video on youtube of josh farro (their lead guitarist) showing and talking about his gear, try to find it. I've watched it, but I forget the content.
They have Marshalls in all of their new videos.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I'm pretty sure the guitarist who's dating Hayley Williams plays some sort of Marshall, the other guy plays a Recto, though I remember something about a Roadster as well.

*goes to check*
At the radio 1 big weekend they used Mesa Rectifiers... I think.
Quote by penguinsarecool
I don't like paramore's tone. 0_o though I am a fan of them.

There's a video on youtube of josh farro (their lead guitarist) showing and talking about his gear, try to find it. I've watched it, but I forget the content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWXiXGGUcSI

There it is. He doesn't explain much. He uses a boss delay and his fender telecaster deluxe for the cleans, a marshall jcm2000 head, a mesa dual rectifier with mesa cabs. He doesn't explain much about his gear.

Also he has a boss chromatic tuner, a digitech whammy, his marshall footswitch and an ernie ball volume pedal. That's pretty much it.
Josh Farro of Paramore uses a Mesa Rectifier head on Marshall Cabinets- All
e x t r e m e l y expensive. Unless you have that kind of amp setup it will be pretty hard to nail it exactly. Try a BOSS Turbo Distortion or BOSS Mega Distortion Pedal and keep playing around with it until you get something that sort of close. Other than that, hopefully you amp has some EQ knobs, so you can dial in a decent distortion thats not too weak and punk sounding, yet not so overly heavy that its death metal.
Farro also uses the "Octave" feature on a Digitech Whammy pedal and/or a Delay Pedal for a lot of his solos and higher pitched intros. (Sometimes he uses one pedal, sometimes he has them both on)
Quote by tr3nt

They started out with Marshall, went to Mesa and when I saw them last year they were using Orange so who knows...
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.