Should I add a floyd rose speedloader to my Johnson Les Paul, or should i wait a long time untill I buy a better guitar?

Im sending a pic

And i have to ask, to add the floyd can i leave the angled bridged humbucker or should i level it down?

sorry for my english im Argentinean

martin
Last edited by divinorum69 at Apr 15, 2008,
No way that is going to work. Apart from the fact that FR bridges only snugly fit in place of a vintage strat bridge, the scale of the LP is different so the fixed length two ball end strings won't fit. No chance you gonna modify this guitar without completely replacing every single part exept for the body which will have to be reworked beyond recognition.
Taking into account the fact that speedloaders only offer a sensible solution to problems that arise in very special applications, and that your Johnson is as pretty as a reasonably prized guitar can come, I'd say leave it as it is.
Okay, i was talking about the floyd rose speed loader that uses regular one ball end string, available at guitarfetish.com. I only want to add the locking nuts, and the tremolo with the small tuners.

So I think its possible since i have seen some Epìs with floyd. But my question is i want to do It, say i have everything needed, I have to take the tune-o-matic and level down the brige pickup right?

Thanks
Uhm yeah you would probably have to lower the pickups a bit, I don't know though.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
it shouldn't work, wait to get a better guitar, and if you wanna use a les paul style guitar get a kahler 2200
My band (Vocals/Lead Guitar)
www.myspace.com/kilmoreband

Guitars:
(Main) Gibson LP Studio (Duncan JazzB/Jazzn)
(B) Fender Strat (Lace Sensor Red/Silver/Blue)
(BU) BC Rich NJ Exotic Classic Rich Bich (Mustaine LW)
Amps: Line 6 HD 147
I'd say go for the schecter, i would avoid modifying a cheaper guitar (my second or so guitar was a johnson strat copy) with expensive add ons like a floyd rose in general since you could save that money to buy a better guitar anyways.
My band (Vocals/Lead Guitar)
www.myspace.com/kilmoreband

Guitars:
(Main) Gibson LP Studio (Duncan JazzB/Jazzn)
(B) Fender Strat (Lace Sensor Red/Silver/Blue)
(BU) BC Rich NJ Exotic Classic Rich Bich (Mustaine LW)
Amps: Line 6 HD 147
dont know if the johnson you have is probably the same manufacter that i have since I bought it here in argentina, and the web page is argentinean. www.johnsonguitars.com.ar

the thing is the guitar has a really good quality, just for a refernce the body is 4,5 cm wide, one wood piece. Installing floyd in total costs me about 120 dolars. So the thing Is i want a new guitar, a strat standard (i cant afford american), but i also want a floyd, so i thought about putting floyd to my LP.

anyways thanks for the replies