Page 1 of 3
I just watched it, and it was pretty lame actually. I was expecting more after all the nominations.

What do you all think?
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
The only thing I thought about it was, "Ellen Page is hot."

I haven't seen it, and I don't care to, but damn, she's hot.
that movie owns, i have no idea what ur talking about
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

i enjoyed the first half with her just absurd sarcasm and great parents but the second half turned into a chick flick for me thus didnt like it.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Shut your freakin gob....It was amazing.
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
I wasnt thrilled. It was cute.. and good for a teen movie, but I wasnt blown away like the rest of the population.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i still havn't seen it, but everyone i know who has seen it loved it
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
that movie was amazing, were sorry that it didnt have anything exploding and people getting hit in the nuts. it was a great movie.
it wasnt that great.
actually the more i think about it, the less i like it.
waste of time...
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by sysdown27
it wasnt that great.
actually the more i think about it, the less i like it.
waste of time...

I love your signature by the way

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
I haven't seen it, never plan to. It's the same boy from Superbad, which that movie made me want to leave the theater, get my money back, then inflict harm upon the people who made that movie. I had seen home movies that were better.

So since I hated Superbad so much, and this movie has the same crappy kid actor and not a much better plot. Looks like I won't ever see why people love these movies

/rant (my origonal intention wasn't to rant lol)
I thought it SONIC YOUTH was alright. The girl THE MELVINS was pretty cute. But sometimes SONIC MELVINS it got a little too cutesy SONIC YOUTH to bare. I think people are just MELVINS trying to act SONIC YOUTH cool and like it. UNDERGROUND MUSIC.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I haven't seen it, never plan to. It's the same boy from Superbad, which that movie made me want to leave the theater, get my money back, then inflict harm upon the people who made that movie. I had seen home movies that were better.

So since I hated Superbad so much, and this movie has the same crappy kid actor and not a much better plot. Looks like I won't ever see why people love these movies

Actually hes not really in it that much

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Bought it today
The deleted scenes were hilarious.
I love that movie
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
I never saw it. But my friend (who went into it expecting to like it) said he did not like it at all. He said it was the first time he ever told a character in a film to fuck off, out loud.
Quote by Guitarfreak777

Michael Cera is an amazing actor and you're a twat.
I loved it the first oh... 6-7 times I watched it. After that though it does start to get annoying. All the name dropping is what really gets me. I still think it's a good movie, but I don't really think it should have been up for Best Picture. Ellen Page was great in it, but it was far from her best.
i loved it, acting and script were superb, especially for an amateur writer

and the soundtrack is GODLY!
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by Red33
I just watched it, and it was pretty lame actually. I was expecting more after all the nominations.

What do you all think?

Yea i saw it was pretty stupid i heard people saying the chick was hot but she was annoying and not hot at all but yea i didnt liek the movie
In all honesty, the movie wouldve been absolutely great if the script wasnt so pretentious. Seriously, it sounded like Diablo Codey was TRYING to make up snobby, stupid-but-cool-to-the-naive lingo that no one ever says (except now, after the movie)
Part of her screenplay for her new movie came out and I have never seen something more pretentious. In three pages she bunched up as many 'unknown' bands as she could (and immediately crossed out those she had originally put but became somewhat famous, followed by things like 'OMG DISGUSTING, NOT GOING IN MY MOVIE, I JUST HEARD THEM ON THE RADIO, UGH'), little drawings of nothing, random words as alternates for her other random words, and notes that honestly said '_____ is a little weirder, so I might replace this for that'
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

^ Ugh I agree. I cannot STAND Diablo Cody. I've yet to read anything from her newest script though. Just based on what you said, I will have to check it out. Sounds atrocious.
Quote by happytimeharry
^ Ugh I agree. I cannot STAND Diablo Cody. I've yet to read anything from her newest script though. Just based on what you said, I will have to check it out. Sounds atrocious.

Here you go
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/diablo-cody-screenplay.php

There are very few times in my life where I've had a bigger urge to punch something
Ellen Page was wonderful playing the role. The role was just miles more annoying than it had to be.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
In all honesty, the movie wouldve been absolutely great if the script wasnt so pretentious. Seriously, it sounded like Diablo Codey was TRYING to make up snobby, stupid-but-cool-to-the-naive lingo that no one ever says (except now, after the movie)
Part of her screenplay for her new movie came out and I have never seen something more pretentious. In three pages she bunched up as many 'unknown' bands as she could (and immediately crossed out those she had originally put but became somewhat famous, followed by things like 'OMG DISGUSTING, NOT GOING IN MY MOVIE, I JUST HEARD THEM ON THE RADIO, UGH'), little drawings of nothing, random words as alternates for her other random words, and notes that honestly said '_____ is a little weirder, so I might replace this for that'

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=c1aafce4-8847-41f9-a504-ce3c3d61e146

andy samburg is pretty much perfect as her
Quote by vintage x metal
Here you go

There are very few times in my life where I've had a bigger urge to punch something
Ellen Page was wonderful playing the role. The role was just miles more annoying than it had to be.

Is that REAL?!

what a twat!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by HorridxHopes
Michael Cera is an amazing actor and you're a twat.

I kind of wanna movie to Massachusetts and gay marry him.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by vintage x metal
Here you go

From the page I saw of the screen play, I can tell that the author is trying hard to be indie, cute, and "artistic" with the stupid drawings, the "underground" bands, and the coffee stain on the front page.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by vintage x metal
Here you go

Just a heads up, things on Something Awful aren't real. It's a comedy site.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
Just a heads up, things on Something Awful aren't real. It's a comedy site.

Yeah, that's what I thought (I don't frequent Something Aweful). I'm sure the real one isn't too far off though. I wouldn't put it past her.
something about that movie i loved. probably ellen page.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by vintage x metal
I am thoroughly impressed and horrified.

+1

"Way to leave on a high note..."
"I was a stripper!"
A local nun from the church went to see it to see what all of the childrens were hyping about.
-she was disgusted lets leave it at that

I however havent seen it yet, but ill rant on about that later
I ѦM i₪saǃ₪∑ ѧӣԂ ӋѳỰ aRᴲ my i₪sA₪!TӋיִיִיִ
What im up to:
Reading:State of Fear Listening: RA DIOHEA_D
Watching: teh weather
Completely agree. It was horrible.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.