Which amp would be better for John Frusciante. I really like the tone on this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W604Va9Lmjg&feature=related

It's kinda a cleaner tone with a little dirt in there but which combo would be the best for this tone cause i really like it. I also play alot of SRV and Hendrix. Thanks!

oh i also like the clean sound on the video too lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7o-9JuzlD4&feature=related
Last edited by zaffie8808 at Apr 15, 2008,
i have an orig 800 and its awesome on clean the od is a bit poo
Setup:

Ibanez Gio
Bc Rich Warlock
Fender Squier Telecaster Deluxe Custom
Peavey Bandit
1982 JCM 800 Marshall 50WT Amplifier
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Digitech Rp200a
Quote by mysteriousmunky

we are talking about combos here right?? And would an 800 give me those tones in the videos? And if i didn't want to play 400$ more for a 800 combo would a 900 do John good or are the cleans not as good??
If you just want cleans I would probably go with something like an hrd or a deluxe reverb. Throw a ts in front of either for dirt and you'd be well off for cheaper I'd think. throw in a strat, a big muff, and a ds2 and you're in rhcp heaven
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by mysteriousmunky
O_o
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Apr 16, 2008,
If you want cleans then the 900 would be the way to go. It has great cleans, especially when compared to the JCM 800.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
If you want cleans then the 900 would be the way to go. It has great cleans, especially when compared to the JCM 800.

Having owned both amps, I totally disagree
When compared to the original master volume JCM 800. NOT the two channel version. I have no idea how the cleans are on the two channel JCM800.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by mysteriousmunky

first time iv seen someone say that, most people say the od on the 800 is good but the clean isnt up to much though
The JCM800 2204 I had could only really do clean unless it was well and truly cranked and then it was too loud to even be in the same room as