what are the ups and downs of the Jackson DK2 a.k.a Japanese Soloist.

The one at my guitar store as proper Seymour Duncan's, Black Hardware, Tran's blue finish and Floyd Rose

I just want to know the Ups and downs of it and know what can go wrong.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I would guess the only slightly weak point is the tremolo, since it is a licensed floyd rose. But even then, newer Jacksons especially those from the Pro line made in Japan, have had excellent trems.

I would say go for it.
LFR, though no problems with mine in the 2 years I've had it. I managed to get a really good deal on my DK2, costing only 400 bucks brand new. I friggen love that guitar.

Ups:

Everything you should expect in a Jackson. Good neck feel, it's light, and I like the 25.5" scale.

Downs:

Licensed Floyd Rose, not the greatest stock pickups. My tone knob seems to slip off quite a bit, too, but I'm pretty sure it's just mine. Get it set up properly and the thing is one badass muthafucka.
Thanks alot guy's im defiantly going to change my lay-by to the DK2!

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
Thanks alot guy's im defiantly going to change my lay-by to the DK2!

good choice, they are really nice guitars. The trem is a licensed one but its one of the best licensed trems out there after an OFR and the ibanez edge and edge pro IMO.
wOOt to the DK2 Pro! My 2007 model has held up fantastic. Not a single problem.
Quote by KISSguitarist
what are the ups and downs of the Jackson DK2 a.k.a Japanese Soloist.

The one at my guitar store as proper Seymour Duncan's, Black Hardware, Tran's blue finish and Floyd Rose

I just want to know the Ups and downs of it and know what can go wrong.

It's not correct to call a Dinky a Japanese Soloist because there are real Soloists made in Japan (Soloist = neck-thru Dinky = Bolt on).

Anyway, I don't really hear bad things about Dinkys. They tend to get a lot of praise because they're a good bang for the buck.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
I played a DK2M, and instantly fell in love with it. And I generally don't like maple necks. They are amazing guitars.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by isaac311
It's not correct to call a Dinky a Japanese Soloist because there are real Soloists made in Japan (Soloist = neck-thru Dinky = Bolt on).

Anyway, I don't really hear bad things about Dinkys. They tend to get a lot of praise because they're a good bang for the buck.

It's based on a soloist so it's pretty close just a few thing's off. I'm changing it from a Fender highway one to a Jackson btw.

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2