I really need a decent amp for about $200.Please name some good SS or tube amp that you might find on ebay.I play Death metal - Jazz

I'm going to shop on ebay for the amp so.
Last edited by The Minorthreat at Apr 15, 2008,
What do you need the amp for? And how loud do you need it to be?

Really, unless you just need it for bedroom practice, you aren't gonna find much for that price, even used.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
i got a great 120 watt behringer amp on craigslist for $125
99 affects
good amp models
look online like on craigslist cause theres some good stuff
Quote by mafropetee
What do you need the amp for? And how loud do you need it to be?

Really, unless you just need it for bedroom practice, you aren't gonna find much for that price, even used.

I guess you didn't see the EBAY

Trust me, I have been seeing class tube A amps for lower on ebay so.I need it for bedroom practise and recording.
Quote by ***jacob***
i got a great 120 watt behringer amp on craigslist for $125
99 affects
good amp models
look online like on craigslist cause theres some good stuff

I will do.
fender performer1000

is about 250, it a nice hybrid(ss and tube) good tone i guess not my first choise

100watts its loud for a one speaker amp
and vintage
epiphone valve junior, 120~ new. i love it.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
fender has a new champ... class A and 5 watts i think... let me look for the link

EDIT: here you go
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
save up a hundred more and get the Fender SuperChamp XD.. 15 watts of tube power, awesome amp.. great tone
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Most small class A tube amps are not going to do death metal. Not at that budget.

Dude I have pedals... I just need a good warm amp with them.
...If you're just going mask the amp up in distortion pedals, why does it even matter?
If you need a warm amp, then just grab a Valve Junior combo. Those run under 200 bucks.
And even with pedals, you can't squeeze a decent metal tone of everything...Otherwise metal players would be buying Fender Twin Reverbs and using some ****ty death metal on top of it.

And why does it even need to be a small tube amp? The point of a small tube amp for recording is so you can crank it. You don't really need to do that with Death Metal, or Jazz.
Quote by forsaknazrael
...If you're just going mask the amp up in distortion pedals, why does it even matter?
If you need a warm amp, then just grab a Valve Junior combo. Those run under 200 bucks.
And even with pedals, you can't squeeze a decent metal tone of everything...Otherwise metal players would be buying Fender Twin Reverbs and using some ****ty death metal on top of it.

And why does it even need to be a small tube amp? The point of a small tube amp for recording is so you can crank it. You don't really need to do that with Death Metal, or Jazz.

anyways, are you going to recommend an amp yes or no?
Quote by forsaknazrael

..My point being...Why do you need to buy this amp? If you already have an amp, you should be able to do the tones you need.

I guess that is a no.

Thanks everybody else.
I guess that's a "no thanks, I'd rather waste my money when buying any of these small tube amps wouldn't do what I want nor are they even necessary in my particular situation."

Besides, I already recommend the Epiphone Valve Junior, if you want a small tube amp with warm, jazz-capable cleans, if you were paying any attention instead of being stubborn.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I guess that's a "no thanks, I'd rather waste my money when buying any of these small tube amps wouldn't do what I want nor are they even necessary in my particular situation."

Besides, I already recommend the Epiphone Valve Junior, if you want a small tube amp with warm, jazz-capable cleans, if you were paying any attention instead of being stubborn.

stubborn? what in the hell told you I even wanted a tube amp only? I said any transtube or tube or even SS i just want a good amp under 200.BTW you need to read the thread, son.If you are going to give a quick recommendation then I would rather you just leave cause I don't want to deal with this back and follower thing so.

I said my peace so done arguing with you.
You said SS or tube, and then talked about Class A tube amps on eBay.

If you're not going to buy a small tube tube amp, and since you already have an electric guitar, I assumed you already have an amp. If you already have an amp, that one should be good enough for recording purposes.

If you don't have an amp, you should've specified. The only thing that would be versatile enough for that budget would be a Roland MicroCube.
well at a local shop they have a C30 in decent condition (sitll sounds good, just outside looks like dog poo) for $250
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!