I'm having a problem with the jack on a guitar. When I plug the cord in to the jack it makes a buzzing noise, the same buzzing as when I touch the unplugged end against a piece of metal.

I'm assuming it's something simple like a loose jack or a loose connection, but when I took the pickguard off to inspect and tighten the jack I was unable to see any problems.

The buzzing continues and everytime the cable get bumped the jack gets loose again. I can wiggle the cord to get a connection, but if I move it cuts out and goes back to dead buzzing. Any help?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
check your grounding wires
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
It's probably the cable itself. Chancesare, fi it's a low quality cablee (like the opnes everyone used to use), it's had some abuse at the edge of the plug and the wire is shorting out. Get a new cable, preferably one by DiMarzio, Spectraflex, Fender, or you can dish out for a Monster cable, which after you register it to activate the lifetime warranty, they'll replace if it's damaged, destroyed, or defiled in any way that affects it's performance.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Tested the cable with another guitar, works fine.

Tested the guitar with another cable, still buzzes like hell.

I don't think it's the groundwire, I can see it hooked up fine.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!

make sure they are both still secure.

then make sure the cable when inserted, is held on by the arm.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^I think that's exactly what happened, I feel dumb I didn't notice when I had it all the way apart. Thanketh.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
cool.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011