I am getting a new guitar soon and want to replace some mediocre stock pickups with something new. I've talked to some people and I've received some recommendations and what I'm thinking of getting now are a Seymour Duncan Blackout and not sure what I should get for the other. I have gotten a recommendation for Bare Knuckle Miracle Man pickups, which I have never heard of, but are supposedly awesome. Is this a good setup or am I totally off base?

Here are some artists whose tone I like:

Jari Maenpaa-Wintersun, ex-Ensiferum
Muhammed Suicmez-Necrophagist
Dimebag Darrell
Travis Stever-Coheed and Cambria
Dave Mustaine

Thanks
What's your amp?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i wuld go for some EMG's. i have some and theyre ****ing awesome dude.
idk man, EMGs make guitars all sound the same

Blackouts have a better Mid balance so that your guitar wood and your strings influence the tone just as much as a passive pickup.
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
Seriously, amp.
Pickups won't change squat unless you have a decent amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
EMG do make good pickups... i have them and like them
dimarzio also makes good stuff
-----
Peavey 6505+ w/ BG412F
B.C rich platinum pro w/ EMG 81&85
-----
EMG's are blah and sterile. I don't see why everyone goes bananas over them.
SD probably has a set for you.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Bareknuckles are excellent pickups - but I'm sure there are similar companies in the US that will be cheaper considering the weak $ and shipping.

As for EMGs, they get you THAT sound at the cost of the individuality of your guitar. Actives are more difficult to retro fit to a passive equipped guitar as well. I'd look for high-output passives rather than actives.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Oic.
If you have the budget for the krank, go for the bareknuckles.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Hakael just reviewed the SD blackouts in his Shecter. He thought they were better than the EMG's. He has guitars with both types so I think that's a reliable opinion.
Okay, if I were to get a Blackout, would it be wise to go with the set of 2, or would mixing with the Miracle Man, a some other pickup work? My friend said it was bad to mix between brands, but that seems dumb to me. Anyone else have any suggestions? Also, how is the Dave Mustaine LiveWire?
But mixing an, lets say, EMG with a Seymour Duncan won't cause any problems as long as they are both active or both passive, correct?
Can you guys name off anyone who uses passive pickups? Everyone that I can think of uses active...
Quote by Nordic_Shredder
Can you guys name off anyone who uses passive pickups? Everyone that I can think of uses active...

Lol.
You don't have a very wide taste of music if everyone that you know use actives.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well I'm sure not everyone I listen to uses actives, but the people who I know what pickups they use have actives, hence the question.
Quote by Nordic_Shredder
Well I'm sure not everyone I listen to uses actives, but the people who I know what pickups they use have actives, hence the question.

99% of classic rock, blues, jazz, funk, etc players

And quite a lot of hard rock players use passive pickups.
Guns N Roses
Velvet Revolver
Rage Against The Machine
Wolfmother
etc
And most shredders use passive too.
You already want to change the pickups out of a guitar you have never played... That makes no sense. You don't even know if you like it or not, or ANY of these pickups for that matter. You should not ask these questions until you fully even know what the question is that you are asking. These guitarists/bands tones come more from their amplifiers than pickups anyway. How good are you at guitar anyway? Other aspects of tone come from accuracy and overall technique.