Poll: Have you ever thought about commiting suicide?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you ever thought about commiting suicide?
Yes
217 57%
No
162 43%
Voters: 379.
Page 1 of 3
I just heard a statistic stating something like 20 percent of teens have or have had thoughts of suicide. This number kind of surprised me. Have any of you guys ever seriously thought about killing yourself?

PS, I'm not suicidal.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
no
did you know 90% of statistics are made up?
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Quote by led/head
no

it was from a TV show, so it must have been true
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
kinda, not seriously though. just wondered wat it'd be like to be dead.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
at a bad time in my life, i seriously considered it. even had it all planned out. just didn't go through with it. glad i didn't.
You are not a slave...
Quote by led/head
no

Wouldn't that ben an statistic too?

To answer the question...no
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
I've thought about what it would be like, but no, I've never actually considered it.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by schecter_guy
not seriously, but i think the thought of suicide crosses everyone's mind every once in a while.
yea not seriously though
Quote by led/head
no

I thought it was 93%, lol

and yeah, once or twice, not too seriously, just entertained the idea for a little bit
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
no.

i mean there have been times where i was mad or upset and was like "oh i should just kill myself."

but i never actually considered doing it.
I think it crosses everyones mind occasionally, but not seriously.

However, I do plan on committing suicide.

Not soon, but I just want to have the control to choose when I die.

I don't like surprises.

Quote by toolfan_121
at a bad time in my life, i seriously considered it. even had it all planned out. just didn't go through with it. glad i didn't.

Your sig is pure awesome, i've never seen that quote before

Tool ftw
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?
brutal cabbage you sire are, in all sense of the word, a LEGEND no abbreviation can portray the hilarity of what u hav bequeathed to us, i love you for this

I am loved!
Yes but it was a while ago. I was going through some bad **** and things have deffinately gotten better since then.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
alot of ppl have thought about suicide before, and im one of them
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
I'm sorry, but if you've never thought about killing yourself, you're not human. We all think about our mortality and what it would be like to die, which inherently leads to thoughts about suicide.

There are just varying "degrees" of thinking about it.

"She asked me if I wanna die, I said of course I do sometimes, anyone who doesn't wanna die must not really be alive"

-ghost mice
i think everyone has at one point, but very few people take it seriously i mean, who hasnt wondered what it would be like, to jump from the roof of your school, or walk infront of a bus, or even slit your wrists, but the people that have trouble differenciating between these thoughts, and reality, have serious problems. i know i would never do it, but i'd be lying if i told you i hadnt thought about it, not from a "man im so depressed" thing, but more of a "i wonder what it would be like if i" nothing serious.

thats normal right?....RIGHT?
no way, a life is not something to waste.
thinks can always get better or worse, killing oneself is not the answer.

however, i kill other people all the time.

EDIT: like that aaron guy said, i've thought about it like what if i...
but if you mean seriously considered, no way, and i never will.
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by aaron6890
i think everyone has at one point, but very few people take it seriously i mean, who hasnt wondered what it would be like, to jump from the roof of your school, or walk infront of a bus, or even slit your wrists, but the people that have trouble differenciating between these thoughts, and reality, have serious problems. i know i would never do it, but i'd be lying if i told you i hadnt thought about it, not from a "man im so depressed" thing, but more of a "i wonder what it would be like if i" nothing serious.

+1

That's exactly what I was going to say, just worded better.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I think about it almost everyday.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
Quote by aaron6890

Right... yeah, right.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by aaron6890

Right!

yeah, thats pretty much what i was trying to say
O.o

Lets have a sexy partay!

Quote by R_U_READY?
brutal cabbage you sire are, in all sense of the word, a LEGEND no abbreviation can portray the hilarity of what u hav bequeathed to us, i love you for this

I am loved!
I used to be suicidal, never tired it though, on my mind all the time. That was WAY back though, something clicked though, I still think about it but I know I'll never do it now. Death seems kinda pointless if you can have life, no matter how rough it is.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
Quote by aaron6890
haha, im sure i could have articulated it better, i was just writing as i thought. kinda a stream of conciousness if you will.

Well, I meant to say you worded it better than I could have.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Yeah, I have once. But I had really let go of myself and didn't even care to see what else was out there. Pretty stupid. But now life is amazing and I see suicide as selfish.
Quote by raisinbran
I like my women like I like my trigonometry: With a lot of angles and a good tan.

Oh my God...

lmfao.
I consider myself a pretty laid-back, happy guy. But I think about suicide all the time, even recently.

Life is just so hard, you know? I'm about to graduate, and my future is not working out for me. This just scares the **** out of me, you know? And I think about suicide almost daily, but then I weigh the pros and cons, and the emotional "I don't want to disappoint my friends and family" always kicks in and I never know what to do, so I decide to roll with the punches until it's finally time.
Quote by mh400nt
Me too man, I cant remember ever actually laughing out loud for ages due to the internet, omegasus is just....hes just awesome

Quote by Smokey Amp
I'm pretty sure guys don't get breast cancer.
Never considered it or tried it, but thought if my friends and stuff would miss me, and all that crap. I hate being a teenager, and having those random little bouts of depression that last for a few days.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
i couldnt even consider suicide. its the greatest sin there is, because you cant repent for it or atleast thats what my priest said. and besides god only gives me one life, why woiuld i waste it because im going through some hard times?
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Well there is a difference between thinking about what it would be like to die or what would happen if you killed youself and the actual highly depressed stuff.

one point in my life it got to the point where i hated living, but was too scared to be dead.
and that fear is what ultimately kept me alive.

Love the Low end
Never though about doing it seriously. I'm too level-headed for that.

But I have contemplated my hypothetical suicide, and it's possible effects, extensively.
once, i even had it planned out so that my family wouldnt find my body.

only thing is, im both a coward, and too brave for that. think about it. it takes guts to kill yourself, but its the cowards way out.

so im both to chicken, and too badass.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I have, yes. But I wouldn't think of it as a "serious" contemplation, as I was young and naive at the time. More often than not, I would think about simply running away from home, rather than suicide.
i thought of it seriously when i was on drugs because i was in a downward spiral of hell.

and im sure there are alot more that 20% with all these emo's around here
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
The idea of suicide has crossed my mind several times . I've thought of ending my life few times but I'm a coward I'm scared of the pain involved in the procedure not death. If somebody would give me a bloody cyanide I'd eat it without even having second thoughts
Hi
Last edited by abhishek21 at Apr 16, 2008,
Page 1 of 3