Should I get the Line 6 spider lll 30 watt or the 75 watt? The 75 has 12 models, but it's 100 bucks more. I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty 3
if that's really what you have, DONT shame it with a spider. those are ONLY good for practice amps under 30 watts!!! what are your styles and budget? we WILL find you what you're looking for!!! do you use the search button? b/c if you did it on the spider, you'd see that everyone who buys a spider over 15 watts ends up trading it for somethin better. don't shortchange urself please, ur guitar is wonderful.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Go neither.
Line 6 Spiders suck.
Save up a bit more and buy a better amp (not an MG either).
Trust me.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by slash_rocks2005
if that's really what you have, DONT shame it with a spider. those are ONLY good for practice amps under 30 watts!!! what are your styles and budget? we WILL find you what you're looking for!!! do you use the search button? b/c if you did it on the spider, you'd see that everyone who buys a spider over 15 watts ends up trading it for somethin better. don't shortchange urself please, ur guitar is wonderful.

+1 Yes I promise we WILL find something better than that man
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Well my price range is about 350 bucks, and im just looking for a high gain, flexible practice amp with effects. I looked at Line 6's, Kustoms, Crates, and some others and I didnt know what to get.
You would be be better off lighting that money on fire than buying any of those.

If you want gain that sounds good, well, expect to spend a lot of money. Otherwise, its just static coming out of a speaker.
alrite well PRACTICE amp is the keyword here. so you DONT want to go over 30 watts. if you're looking for built in effects and amp modeling i'd suggest a Vox Valvetronix. it's gain gets as heavy as 80s metal and modern hard rock i'd say. but not the best for death metal. that's the best deal to get a bunch of built in effects (good ones mind you too) w/ it.

what's ur definition of high gain? what's the heaviest you plan on playing reguarly? no use in forgetting the Vox if u only play super hi gain death metal 5% of the time.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Dude, the line 6 spider's tones remind me of guitar pro, so digital..

Get a roland cube or something.
my bad i didn't remember the cube.... that's a great recommendation, prolly better than the vox if he's primarily hi gain. but remember....it's still just a practice amp at the end of the day
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005

what's ur definition of high gain? what's the heaviest you plan on playing reguarly? no use in forgetting the Vox if u only play super hi gain death metal 5% of the time.

Well the amp I have is crap, so I bought a Boss DS-1 and it sounds ok but i want something with more distortion than that.
It really depends on what you're wanting it for, a guy earlier recommended the Vox Valvetronix and I own one, and really like it. The built in effects are pretty versatile, and can be changed up quite a bit. The tone is simply amazing through this thing as well if you're into soloing and looking for a good tone. I can't comment on the cube since I've never played one.

I'd pass on the Line 6, I used to have a Spider II and hated it. As far as the Spider III, it sounds better, but I can't tell you how many times I go up to Guitar Center to play, and the Spider III's won't even turn on, seems like they don't last very long from what I can tell.
Parker PM20-Pro
Ibanez SZ720FM
Peavey EXP
Takamine Acoustic-Electric
*Saving up for Parker Fly Mojo

VOX AD30VT
Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100
Peavey XXX half-stack
Peavey XXL half-stack
i have the 75. get the 30 and i'll give you the settings for the tones that you don't have/want.