I just bought the M-Audio BX8a Deluxe Monitors from Guitar Center. They were a little more than I wanted to spend but I hope they are a good investment. I was gonna go with the KRK rockits but they sounded squashed compared to these. I only had crappy speakers before these so my mixes shuold improve. I guess there is no point to this thread besides me being happy. Anyone need me to mix their songs? haha lulz.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
i went to guitar center to get the rp 6's but they were out. and MF is sold out until may or something. the only thing about these is they are huge. im just in my bedroom. lol.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Beware, the BX series is notorious for lacking in the low end. Be sure to watch that area closely, or think about adding a good sub.
Quote by MrPillow
Beware, the BX series is notorious for lacking in the low end. Be sure to watch that area closely, or think about adding a good sub.

funny you should say that cuase they have great low end. even the guy at the store said they are bass heavy and you have to take that into consideration when mixing.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
They may sound bass heavy, but you need to be more careful in that region than what you hear. I'm not saying they don't have enough bass to use, just make sure you keep an eye on around 200hz and below to make sure everything is in check.
Quote by MrPillow
They may sound bass heavy, but you need to be more careful in that region than what you hear. I'm not saying they don't have enough bass to use, just make sure you keep an eye on around 200hz and below to make sure everything is in check.

kk but how do i check that it sounds good below 200?
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Well, ideally you would be listening to that range through a sub, but something you can do without a sub is put a frequency analyzer on your master bus, and just monitor whats below 200z compared to the rest of the spectrum.
ah cool. i gotta find a freq analyzer plugin then. any good/free ones around the net. i will google some later but while were here mite as well ask.
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
I've never looked for free ones, depending on your DAW one might have come with it.