hey could i run my 120 watt mg cab through a 50 watt tube head?
what if it was a 100 watt head with a power down switch that made it 50 watts?
any difference?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
yeah definately
no difference with the master switch as it doesnt change your ohm rating
What head have you got?
no i'm looking at possibly getting a jcm 900 4100 100 watt that has the before mentioned power switch to 50 watts
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Oh yeah sweet i almost bought a jcm 900 4500 but yes you could play that through your mg box
yeah i'll probably use it for about 6 months before getting a 1960
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
What i'd suggest doing is keeping youre eye on the classifieds i.e eBay, craigslist and you could probably pick up a JCM 900 with the 1960 for the same price as the head retails if not cheaper.
I almost bought a jcm 900 4500 with the 1960 quad for 1000 (Aus)
So i would say buy second had unless youre fixed on getting a warranty
the MG cabs aren't terrible. it'll get you buy at least until you can get that 1960a

until then there shouldn't be any imminent explosions from hooking your tube head up to your MG cab so long as the ohmage is right.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
a 50w head into a cab that can handle 120w will be fine. the only problem you will run into is the build quality of the mg cab, which is quite poor. you will eventually want to replace the cab to get the full sound quality from your head.
Quote by Kivarenn82
the MG cabs aren't terrible. it'll get you buy at least until you can get that 1960a

until then there shouldn't be any imminent explosions from hooking your tube head up to your MG cab so long as the ohmage is right.

+ cookies