Such as on the reverse headstock unofficial 'Hendrix' (we're all thinking it) strat.

By reversing the direction, ie the pickup closer to the bass string side of the bridge ( \ rather than / ) what difference does it make? I've heard it brightens up the bass strings. True? False? Wouldn't changing the pole piece height accomplish the same thing?
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
It will make the bass strings sound slightly more trebly when you use the bridge pickup.
It'll be difficult to notice tough.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
So not really noticable? I'm wondering because I was going to buy a S/S/S routed pickguard because I can't find an H/S/S in parchment, and as I would be doing some routing anyway I figured I could perhaps route it angled. I might do it anyway just for kicks..
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
It's not the kind of thing where you could just know by listening to it on its own... you may be able to tell by listening side by side with anotehr, but the difference will only be slight.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
really it's just for looks. if you think it looks cooler than go for it. your eq, playing style and amp will easily overshadow any slight differences in tone
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100