Doing some window shoping on my day home sick here.. stumbeled across this beauty here. An Epiphone Electar Zephyr from 1947, unknown wattage, 1x12" speaker setup, 3x 6SJ7 in the preamp and 2x 6L6GA for the power section.

The seller is asking around 1000$ for it.

Is there anyone who's played an amp like this? I'm guessing they aren't really that common. I could probarbly buy it, but I'm debating wheter I like it or not, or rather if I'm going to find the use for it. Should I jump on it?

Googletime!
Get one. Seriously. Then post some clips on UG for us.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by polaroidvision
Get one. Seriously. Then post some clips on UG for us.

A reason good as any!

It's still alot of cash, and I'm gonna have to cut into my savings, which I'm not very keen on. But it looks damn cool, and a amp from the fourties isn't something you stumble across every day.
Quote by rasker
A reason good as any!

It's still alot of cash, and I'm gonna have to cut into my savings, which I'm not very keen on. But it looks damn cool, and a amp from the fourties isn't something you stumble across every day.

Just out of curiousity, it came with that devil on it?
Quote by Y00p
Just out of curiousity, it came with that devil on it?

seems like it unfortunatly. hopefully it will be removable, and should be as it looks to be only a sticker.
Quote by rasker
seems like it unfortunatly. hopefully it will be removable, and should be as it looks to be only a sticker.

Yeah ok, that's what I meant. IE, is it a sticker the owner put on it, or did it come out of the factory like that.

If you do get it, I suggest you let a technician have a look at it. Change the power cord to a 3 pronged or whatever(something like that anyway), and check the filter caps and such.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.