Last year I went to less than 10 shows the whole year. This year, I've made a list of all the shows that I would seriously contemplate going to. WHY IS THIS THE YEAR OF GREAT CONCERTS (THE SAME YEAR I HAVE NO MONIES)???

The List:

Across five Aprils (went last night, awesome!)
Sworn Enemy
Santana
Gigantour (going)
Rush
Powerfest/Paganfest (Ensiferum, Eluvietie, Iced Earth, Testament, Darkane, etc.)
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Firewind
Cornerstone Festival (Becoming the archetype, etc.)
Mayhem tour (Underoath, slipknot, mastodon, etc.)
Stone Temple Pilots
Iron Maiden
Hatebreed/Type O
George Thorogood
Black Crowes/Dave Matthews
Yes
Dream Theater/Opeth/BTBAM/3 (going)
Peter Frampton
Steve Miller Band
Warped Tour
God Forbid
Dethklok/Chimaira(going)
Vince Gill
Symphony X/Into Eternity
Days of the New
Anthrax(chicago only!!)
Ampfest(Nodes of Ranvier, Eleventyseven, etc.)
Robert Cray

plus the ones that happened before April, plus more that I immediately ruled out, plus all the local shows I can fit in. D*MN!!!!!

what's on your list Pit?
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
I got Satriani coming up, so far i've seen Gilbert, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden and RATM. I gotta pay off a loan on a guitar, plus get a case for it too. Don't know how many other bands will announce tours later this year.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
holy hell i didn't even know that BTBAM, Opeth, DT show was even coming to chicago, count me in for that.
dethklok/chimaira
STP

whatever big tour seems the best this year
Quote by dann_blood
I got Satriani coming up, so far i've seen Gilbert, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden and RATM. I gotta pay off a loan on a guitar, plus get a case for it too. Don't know how many other bands will announce tours later this year.

where/when are satriani and gilbert playing? I saw ratm last year, it was epic.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Is Gigantour STILL going? I really want Megadeth to start recording their new album =[. Should be awesome with Chris on it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
my list is a tad shorter than yours.
Prince, Muse.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Gigs of gone to gigs im going to:

Gone: Sum 41, The Enemy, Muse + loads of unsigned local ones
Going: The Hives, The Ruling Class, Supergrass, The Wombats, Foo Fighters, We are scientists, Death cab for cutie and nada surf

People I wanna see: Feeder, The Raconteurs, Weezer, Tenacious D, Santana plus loads more, last year was the first year i went gigging, went to like 5 im on for about 20 this year id say
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Last edited by GuitarManDan15 at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by emr_steelmech
where/when are satriani and gilbert playing? I saw ratm last year, it was epic.

Satriani is at the Enmore in July. I saw Gilbert a few months ago, he came into the local music store cos they sold the most Ibanez guitars in Australia and Gilbert is sponsored by Ibanez.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by GuitarManDan15
Gigs of gone to gigs im going to:

Gone: Sum 41, The Enemy, Muse + loads of unsigned local ones
Going: The Hives, The Ruling Class, Supergrass, The Wombats, Foo Fighters, We are scientists, Death cab for cutie and nada surf

People I wanna see: Feeder, The Raconteurs, Weezer, Tenacious D, Santana plus loads more, last year was the first year i went gigging, went to like 5 im on for about 20 this year id say

I missed the Foo in February
would love a D tour.
TheBurningFish wrote:

Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
I live in Norway. So there isn't very many famous artist that visit here. But when they first do it. They always come back!
I'm already been at a QotSA concert in february.
The list is:
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (don't have enough money)
Foo Fighters (sold out)
QotSA (I have tickets)
Metallica (Tickets!)
Turbonegro (hoping to get tickets)

That is for the summer.
only Santana, and Rock-2-Wellington festival (Ozzy, Whitesnake, Poison, Kiss, Alice Cooper and Lordi)
Gone:autons, youmeatsix,angels and airwves, django,hijera,the darling age, rebel ching,palais.
Going: levellers, 3daft monkeys, phil jupitus and the blockheads, autons, nickelback, fightstar, brigade
Why so many good concerts this year? Because record sales are down because of downloads at a time when more people are into music than have been for the last few years (because they can just download music) so touring is the only way to recoup the money.
Already seen

The Twisters,
Magic Slim,
Johnny Hoy and The Bluefish
Watermelon Slim,
The Fabulous T-birds,
Reverend Petyons Big Damn Band,
The Twisters.

All this was in one weekend

Definitely seeing Opeth and Twisted Sister + a ton of other metal bands this summer. New festival in town!
Lucky bastards. I only get to see 3 so far. No one comes to Singapore...
Dream Theater, Switchfoot (this is how bad it is) and INCUBUS (with Saosin).
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Saw Nightwish.

I got Sonata Arctica/Pagan's Mind rolling in next week.

I'll try get a Muse ticket.

We have Metallica coming in but I don't like them so I'm not seeing them.

Opeth is still to be announced.
Quote by KetchupLad14
Ha, I just saw teh Santanaz last week.

He was with Derek Trucks. It was REDIC.

Awesome. I envy you.
TheBurningFish wrote:

Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO