http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=?SKU=GIT0012822-000&ProductUUID=0&JumpTo=OfferList
I mean, ive heard that bc rich's cheaper models were crap, and i know that theyr higher end guitars rule, but today i was searching through musicstore.de, and found this.
Are the specs right? cause OFR in a guitar that price just seems to good, mahogani body, i dont know about the PU
And the construction could be crap, idk, anyone got info on it? (reviews arent really reliable, and theres none near me)

(and look at it first before saying bc rich sucks)
(also i dunno why, but its in german or something, but its understandable)
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Last edited by Popsai at Apr 16, 2008,
Features:

* Mahoganikorpus

HAAHAHAHHAHHAAAHHAHAHA

and yea, seems decent enough.. you get what you see and you get what you pay for :P

im pretty sure thats 425 pounds and not dollars btw.. so that would be like 1000 bucks.. makes sense
LFR but.
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Quote by trashbeast
Features:

* Mahoganikorpus

HAAHAHAHHAHHAAAHHAHAHA

and yea, seems decent enough.. you get what you see and you get what you pay for :P

im pretty sure thats 425 pounds and not dollars btw.. so that would be like 1000 bucks.. makes sense

Its euros...
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by SteveBeginner
LFR but.

Actually its an OFR.

It looks decent for the price, I'd say go for it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by SteveBeginner
LFR but.

Can you not read? It says Original... and says the same on the BC Rich website...

As for the quality, its middle of the road - i'm sure its a nice enough guitar, and I personally love BC Rich's, although some shapes are bad!

Warlocks are nice though!
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Quote by SteveBeginner
LFR but.

Yeah, there's not an OFR on that in any way... other than that, it might be a decent guitar!

Edit: Holy crap on the waterfalls, if it IS an OFR, get it, no questions asked. Maybe throw in some new pups sometime, but with an OFR, it's definitely worth it.
seems like a descent guitar, but...
what pickups???

do some research on that, the one thing that keeps me from buying a BC rich is the sound.
(in the same price range i'd say go for a Schecter Blackjack, with seymour duncan 59 pickups, costs 500 € I think, but that's just my opinion )
Quote by Ichimaru
Actually its an OFR.

It looks decent for the price, I'd say go for it.

Yeah i just saw in bc riche's site :O
Seems like a nice deal, im gona wait and see the gunslingers though (theyr price )
And how are the pickups (im gona search around meanwhile)
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22

Quote by Popsai
Yeah i just saw in bc riche's site :O
Seems like a nice deal, im gona wait and see the gunslingers though (theyr price )
And how are the pickups (im gona search around meanwhile)

Generic, probably. Don't expect to hit DiMarzio or SD quality, but they should be fine for a while, maybe for you to get the money for a new set?
Quote by Y00p
Generic, probably. Don't expect to hit DiMarzio or SD quality, but they should be fine for a while, maybe for you to get the money for a new set?

Yeah if i buy it, theyll do for a while, also, what are some good passive PU's for death/thrash metal?
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22

Quote by Y00p
Yeah, there's not an OFR on that in any way... other than that, it might be a decent guitar!

Edit: Holy crap on the waterfalls, if it IS an OFR, get it, no questions asked. Maybe throw in some new pups sometime, but with an OFR, it's definitely worth it.

I don't know man, an OFR costs about $ 170, add $150 for the pickups, that leaves about $300 for wood, workmanship, ... I wouldn't buy it even if it had an OFR.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Y00p

New BC Rich gunslinger retro has DiMarzios (super distortion and a "twin blade" style singlecoil in the neck on the red one.)
And I believe another gunslinger has EMGs.
Quote by Ventor
I don't know man, an OFR costs about $ 170, add $150 for the pickups, that leaves about $300 for wood, workmanship, ... I wouldn't buy it even if it had an OFR.

Quote by Ninja-man
Recent BC Rich guitars are actually pretty good.

Edit:

To PunkNinja's new post, yep they do, but this particular guitar has pretty generic humbuckers.
Last edited by Y00p at Apr 16, 2008,
Its a BC Rich. So if you like Pointy Guitars then go for it... it does not look bad for the price... but.. you can probably get a better guitar. I am not a fan of BC Rich AT ALL... they are too "pointy" for me.. I think they look ridiculous. I've read/heard the Mockingbird is a decent BC Rich. Look at some other options.... MORE IMPORTANTLY... go to your local music stores and play a bunch o guitars..... I'm sure you'll find one that suits you......
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
Quote by brianthemayan
Its a BC Rich. So if you like Pointy Guitars then go for it... it does not look bad for the price... but.. you can probably get a better guitar. I am not a fan of BC Rich AT ALL... they are too "pointy" for me.. I think they look ridiculous. I've read/heard the Mockingbird is a decent BC Rich. Look at some other options.... MORE IMPORTANTLY... go to your local music stores and play a bunch o guitars..... I'm sure you'll find one that suits you......

Avoid generalisations cos of shapes.
So beacause "the mockingbird" is a decent one, get a bronze mockingbird up against an NJ Warlock.
You decide which is better.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Avoid generalisations cos of shapes.
So beacause "the mockingbird" is a decent one, get a bronze mockingbird up against an NJ Warlock.
You decide which is better.

uhhh,..WHAT? not that my spelling is that great... but wtf? can you post again in a way that makes sense?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
The crap BC Rich's are crap mainly because they are made from agathis, that however is made from mahogany plus has an OFR. I say go for it.
Quote by sofubar
The crap BC Rich's are crap mainly because they are made from agathis, that however is made from mahogany plus has an OFR. I say go for it.

I know, i find it sad that the string tru version of this guitar is in agathis, and its around 400€...
for now ill wait for the gunslinger's, wait for some reviews and see if a local store gets them, but ty for the info
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22

even the low end BC Rich Warlocks are not bad at all. The agathis does not make that much of a difference, just a different type of wood, as most low end guitars are made in Asia nowadays, and it is native to those areas.
Quote by brianthemayan
uhhh,..WHAT? not that my spelling is that great... but wtf? can you post again in a way that makes sense?

Uh I understood him just fine and he's right: shut the **** up with your idiotic ignorant blanket statements.
1. You admitted you're not a fan of the guitars.
2. You make it sound like body shape makes the guitar better, that is your opinion and nothing more.
3. He's right in his analogy, if you put up a ****ty mockingbird next to a high-end warlock the mockingbird isn't going to sound magically better just because they're the only "decent" ones according to you.
4. If you knew anything (which you obviously don't) you'd know that they've upped their ante and now actually make good guitars for decent prices. Meanwhile you and a million other idiots just generalize and stereotype them based on the past and not the present
with statements of "Oh it's B.C.Rich? It must be crap then".

That's exactly what I was saying.

Now at brianthemayan:

Never judge a guitar by it's shape.
Seriously!
You've sort of done a reverse of what most people do, most beginner metal types are like "points, METAWL" but you're bandwaggoning and saying "points, must sound terrible".
Wrong

Fun fact for you BTW a Warlock, Buch, Virgo, Eagle, whatever guitar by BC Rich, WON'T actually explode if you play Jazz on it :O

Quote by Wakisazhi
Uh I understood him just fine and he's right: shut the **** up with your idiotic ignorant blanket statements.
1. You admitted you're not a fan of the guitars.
2. You make it sound like body shape makes the guitar better, that is your opinion and nothing more.
3. He's right in his analogy, if you put up a ****ty mockingbird next to a high-end warlock the mockingbird isn't going to sound magically better just because they're the only "decent" ones according to you.
4. If you knew anything (which you obviously don't) you'd know that they've upped their ante and now actually make good guitars for decent prices. Meanwhile you and a million other idiots just generalize and stereotype them based on the past and not the present
with statements of "Oh it's B.C.Rich? It must be crap then".

Quote by Punk_Ninja

That's exactly what I was saying.

Now at brianthemayan:

Never judge a guitar by it's shape.
Seriously!
You've sort of done a reverse of what most people do, most beginner metal types are like "points, METAWL" but you're bandwaggoning and saying "points, must sound terrible".
Wrong

Fun fact for you BTW a Warlock, Buch, Virgo, Eagle, whatever guitar by BC Rich, WON'T actually explode if you play Jazz on it :O

Please.... please...PLEASE.... refer back to my original post and show WHERE it was that I said BC Rich guitars were not good. Did I say that at all? and if so where? It seems you two are just a couple o BC Rich fan boys. I don't like pointy guitars... thats my opinion... whats wrong with that? Plenty of people don't like Strats or LP shapes... thats fine with me....

I think if you refer to my post you'll see that I said that the guitar looked good for the price, now didn't I? I have read/heard that the mocking bird is a good model BC Rich so I recommeded checking it out... that was done in the spirit of good recommendations. I RECOMMENDED CHECKING OUT A BC RICH GUITAR. NOW... for the price of the one he was looking at, there are probably better guitars available..... and the only way to determine that is to go to the store and try some out... which is what I recommended.

sooooo.... what's your problem?

the reply to my post made zero sense in context and had no explanation, or recommendation.... I wanted clarification. If he was saying that a Warlock is better than a Mockingbird... then why not just say so...

or are you Wakisazhi, saying per your post, that a Mockingbird is a Sh*ty guitar? aaaannnnnd should he NOT buy the guitar he is looking at, but rather buy the High end Worlock because the guitar he is looking at will not sound as good?

And I can't help to judge a guitar by its shape. BC Rich Guitars look stupid to me. They look like toys, not instruments. They may sound great but I just can't get past how stupid they look. It's my opinion. I would like to say that I judge a guitar completely on its feel/playbility/tone.... but there is NO WAY I would pick up a guitar to try out that I thought looked stupid. I can't help it. If that makes me wrong, then I don't wanna be right. That didn't stop me from recommending one to a person looking for one now did it? So I ask again..... what's your problem?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Last edited by brianthemayan at Apr 17, 2008,
Quote by brianthemayan
Please.... please...PLEASE.... refer back to my original post and show WHERE it was that I said BC Rich guitars were not good. Did I say that at all? and if so where? It seems you two are just a couple o BC Rich fan boys. I don't like pointy guitars... thats my opinion... whats wrong with that? Plenty of people don't like Strats or LP shapes... thats fine with me....

I think if you refer to my post you'll see that I said that the guitar looked good for the price, now didn't I? I have read/heard that the mocking bird is a good model BC Rich so I recommeded checking it out... that was done in the spirit of good recommendations. I RECOMMENDED CHECKING OUT A BC RICH GUITAR. NOW... for the price of the one he was looking at, there are probably better guitars available..... and the only way to determine that is to go to the store and try some out... which is what I recommended.

sooooo.... what's your problem?

the reply to my post made zero sense in context and had no explanation, or recommendation.... I wanted clarification. If he was saying that a Warlock is better than a Mockingbird... then why not just say so...

or are you Wakisazhi, saying per your post, that a Mockingbird is a Sh*ty guitar? aaaannnnnd should he NOT buy the guitar he is looking at, but rather buy the High end Worlock because the guitar he is looking at will not sound as good?

And I can't help to judge a guitar by its shape. BC Rich Guitars look stupid to me. They look like toys, not instruments. They may sound great but I just can't get past how stupid they look. It's my opinion. I would like to say that I judge a guitar completely on its feel/playbility/tone.... but there is NO WAY I would pick up a guitar to try out that I thought looked stupid. I can't help it. If that makes me wrong, then I don't wanna be right. That didn't stop me from recommending one to a person looking for one now did it? So I ask again..... what's your problem?

Simple, your post said that you should check out something else, and it seemed to elude that only because of your dislike of "pointy" guitars.

I'm not trying to get into a fight or anything, I'm just saying I *think* that you not suppling info on WHY he should check out different guitars (other than the shape) is probably what set them off.

On topic, TC, that is a great deal. Only thing I would suggest is getting a new set of pups, but I suggest that with almost any guitar lol.