Hey,

Im just about to wire the guitar i've made. But i need some pointers on the circuitry.

I have two irongear Steamhammer pickups (bridge and neck) and a 22 uF cap and two 500k pots and a 3 way selector switch.

On the seymour duncan help site there is a circuit, i have changed these with the wiring on the irongear pikcups,

Would this still work?

Thanks alot!
Dean Vendetta 4.0 "Tiger Eye"
Peavey Valveking Half-Stack VK100+4x12"
That's correct.

For Irongear pickups:

Red -> hot
Black & bare -> ground

If you have any problems with the pickups or wiring, email Irongear. The dude, Keith, is awesome.

Enjoy the pickups too.. they're totally badass.
Another quick question, and thanks for the previous answer.

With the wires, i have stnadard hook up wire from their site. I noticed that with my other guitas they have a wire with a mini wire in the inside, so like two wires in one.

Will the stuff i have be fine? or do i need this double wire stuff?

Thanks alot!
Quote by Yshynsin
Another quick question, and thanks for the previous answer.

With the wires, i have stnadard hook up wire from their site. I noticed that with my other guitas they have a wire with a mini wire in the inside, so like two wires in one.

Will the stuff i have be fine? or do i need this double wire stuff?

Thanks alot!

As long as they make a solid connection, and aren't the thickness of a baby's hair, you should be fine. People tend to use single-core wire with an outer braid for the sake of keeping a control cavity tidy. Also, the braid is usually used for the ground, which won't affect your tone, so it doesn't really need to be insulated well. Having said that, single-core braided can be a pain when you want the hot to go somewhere different to the ground... but the restriction is provides can also help you to avoid grounding loops.

Edit: I use stuff that's about 1mm in diameter from Maplin - it's total crap, but does the job.
Thanks alot for all your help mate!