so recently a friend who is also a guitarist and me decided to get out and get a band. now thats when we hit our first problem, our school is full of talentless musicians and those who do have talent are to young or to old for us, so we managed to recruit some people who were willing to learn, well we had one practice session and when me and the other guitarist played it sounded alright because we have done a few gigs as just me and him, but when everyone else joined in no one had practiced the stuff we gave them and it was just a bunch of noise. let me tell you a little about our 2 recruits, our first one is extremely eager is willing to stick it out but doesn't practice, our other one is like a 12 year old kid with rock star fantasies and acts like a kid version of axl rose (dear god no). so theres 2 competitions coming up in our area me and my guitarist want to use these competitions as a way of getting out there and noticed, but our recruits do not want to learn the songs we give them.

so what the **** am i going to do!?
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

go to another school. it's what i did. there were only a few willing musicians at my school, one being my best mate, so i looked at another school and now half my band is made up of people who went to different schools than i did.

it's worked out great for me.
has to be with a full band, doing originals, and can't change schools. i'm ****ed.....
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

im gna use the advice slackerbabath gave me: put up fliers in music shops, and even if the talented ones are older or younger, who cares???
Make sure the songs are at an appropriate level to suit everyone in the band. The beginners in the band aren't going to enjoy trying to play songs far beyond their level, and it will sound like crap. If you play a simple song, tightly, it will sound a hell of a lot better than if you're shredding your heart out and the rest of the band are sucking.
Quote by aradine
has to be with a full band, doing originals, and can't change schools. i'm ****ed.....

I don't think you understand. I'm sure he meant look to other schools for musicians, instead of just your own. Advertise in local music and guitar shops as well.
There is poetry in despair.