ok, so a few months ago my best friend started going out with this girl. unfortunately for him it didnt really work out and they broke up within a couple of months.

in that time i got to be really close friends with this girl. so much so that there were whispers and questions asked about whether it was ok to be spending so mych time with my best friend's girlfriend.

anyway, my best mate trusted me completely, and rightly so. he justified it time and time again to sceptical people who thought i was trying to steal her, or at least had feelings for her. "he's my best friend, i trust him completely. there's nothing going on" was like his mantra.

anyway, since they broke up they have remained my two closest friends, although they dont get on so well. but the other night i ended up getting off with the girl, i dont have feelings for her and im pretty sure she doesn't either. but now im worried that it looks like that was my intention from the start and my friend will never trust me again.

any ideas? what should i do? about both of them, the trust thing firstly, and is it ok for friends to mess around? can it ever be the same again afterwards?
xx
I would never do that to my best friend, I suggest going and telling him what happened, if he still wants to be your best mate its up to him.

You started the fire dude, you should go put it out before it gets bigger.
You sir are royally boned !

Kill him before he gets suspicious and if necessary you'll have to chloroform the girl.

On a lighter note just tell him first what happened.
Got the same problem atm, so i'll just listen too.
My guitar gear:
Epiphone G-400
Kasuga Les Paul Custom (Broken nut)
Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553 head
Marshall Silver Jubilee 2x12 cab

My bass gear:
Gibson SG EB-3 1963
Dynacord Eminent II
Marshall 4x10 cab

Rest is in profile
once i macked my mates ex, after SIX MONTHs of break up, he 'still' loved her, and told me he hated me etc.

so i said he man im gettin good boofs, and well you broke up. So he manned up and said yeah thats cool.

2 days later we saw dragonforce together.

just tell ya mate bros before hoes.
Put the blame on her.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
well i hooked up with my best friend once and we became ever closer but thats just us. but as long as you dont let it become a problem it wont be and to reassure people that know that it's nothing.
Why do you want little help for a big problem?
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
Put the blame on her.

+1

Make sure he knows it's her fault and not yours. Life is all a game, sometimes you gotta lie to get what you need
Quote by etays69
+1

Make sure he knows it's her fault and not yours. Life is all a game, sometimes you gotta lie to get what you need

That is horrible advice....
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Well you sure ****ed up there... Not that telling you this helps, but hey everyone makes mistakes... Personally I think if you don't have feelings for her save your friend the pain and try to keep your hands off her... IF you do have feelings for her then it's a whole different story.
Mmmmmmmm

Seems your just gonna have to 'fess up and apologise no end. Just say it's your fault and how you're a dick blahblah blah and hopefuly he'll forgive you. But no begging. Beggine is for pussies
coming from a girl, i say if you dont think either of you had feelings than it doesnt matter. just talk to the girl about it and come to an understanding. your friend doesnt have to know, i dont think you should tell him coz even if it meant nothing to you, it'll mean something to him so what he doesnt know wont hurt him

exactly the same situation for me except me and the guy arnt the best of friends anymore... and I slept with her.
EDIT : We decided not to say anything though as we don't have any feeling's for each other and it was just a board both single thing
Last edited by Big_River at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by etays69
+1

Sounds like it's from School for Scoundrels.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Your a monster!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by lozabee
coming from a girl, i say if you dont think either of you had feelings than it doesnt matter. just talk to the girl about it and come to an understanding. your friend doesnt have to know, i dont think you should tell him coz even if it meant nothing to you, it'll mean something to him so what he doesnt know wont hurt him

well aren't you the honest one now?
its totally cool for mates to mess around.. i do that with my ex gf a lot and its really fun - but erm your best mate mite not think that its is... i would talk with he girl and ask her opinion on what to tell your other mate
Quote by the1
Fixed

You have a special place in my heart for that
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
your own damn fault..you started it...You can't blame your friend for thinking like that about you if he finds out
Quote by NothingButRock
well aren't you the honest one now?

he can tell his mate is he wants, it'll just make things worse, thats all im saying
Quote by lozabee
he can tell his mate is he wants, it'll just make things worse, thats all im saying

No it won't. His friend and the girl aren't together anymore, what's the problem? they split up for a reason.