There must be something wrong with how people view music.

I appreciate all forms of music and each artists status therein, but I don't understand why people are constantly chastised just cause they don't like Iron Maiden or The Beatles. I agree that they deserve respect for getting as far as they did, but just because they're old and famous doesn't mean you have to like them. I personally hate Iron Maiden... does that make me a social outcast or something? Just because someone dislikes them doesn't mean their view on music/metal is warped or retarded.

And the same kind of aspect applies to Metal music itself. I personally don't believe every metal song needs a high pitched, lightning fast solo. Honest to Christ, I've found some Nightwish songs to be more addictive than some of Gus. G's works

I'd like to see what the community's view on the subject would be like, so fire away!
Like many, I have an unhealthy obsession with women.
I couldn't be assed to read that so unless you're willing to gimme a brief outline, I'll sit here laughing
United as One, Divided by Zero
Quote by Sylosis
I couldn't be assed to read that so unless you're willing to gimme a brief outline, I'll sit here laughing

You're lazy. Its not that long!
./|\
(\o )=w==>
./ \

˙ᴥ˘
Quote by Animorphy
You're lazy. Its not that long!

It really is, but you just proved my point even more; instead of commenting on the wall of text ^^ you commented on my short comment
I like Iron Maiden, I have several signed things ^^

LIKE THEM!

Or not, whatever
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
Quote by Sylosis
It really is, but you just proved my point even more; instead of commenting on the wall of text ^^ you commented on my short comment

Are you fucking serious? Unless you have some sort of grave braindamages or retardation I don't see how you couldn't read that. It's not long.

And TS, not everyone things like that. I personally dislike led zeppelin but you never see me being beat up in the streets by their fans.

Well, except for tihs one time, but that's unrelated to my liking of led zeppelin or not or more to my beating of their friends.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I haven't come across anything like that...well, except the token "You don't like Metallica?!" assholes in my work
In brief:
Why are people constantly put down by their fellow (in this case) metal-heads just cause they don't like old metal. Therefore, they apparently aren't "real" fans.

And what is everyone's opinions on solos being "necessary" for a good metal song.

happy?

P.S. I use quotations too much.
Last edited by DuskStray at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by Kensai
Are you fucking serious? Unless you have some sort of grave braindamages or retardation I don't see how you couldn't read that. It's not long.

And TS, not everyone things like that. I personally dislike led zeppelin but you never see me being beat up in the streets by their fans.

Well, except for tihs one time, but that's unrelated to my liking of led zeppelin or not or more to my beating of their friends.

*World crashes around me*

I think I have to beat you up for not liking Zeppelin...

tl;dr.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
MrTin... that's gold man!

Your a legend.
Quote by JilaX^

*World crashes around me*

I think I have to beat you up for not liking Zeppelin...

Eh, Led Zeppelin. I listened to it as a kid but became quite bored with it ever since I found out about Yanni. Brutal music there folks.
Quote by Kensai

Yes actually, as you happen to fucking mention it, I have slight add.
And I thought it was impossible not to like Iron Maiden...

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by MrTin
Gah! way too much pressure!

LOL

Anyways, TS it shouldn't matter to you. If someone really is going be that big of a douche just because you don't like the bands they do, then the vibrations they cause in your ear drums aren't worth your brain interpreting them.
We're only strays.
Quote by Sylosis

It isn't

Stop being a lazy ****

You can never have too much pressure, one of the best electronic nights in Glasgow!
...Bleep Bloop...