What do you think about this guitar? What can be the other alternatives for this guitar i play metal mostly want a good in flames blind guardian slayer and pantera style tone... what you say?
Play it. Remember, EMGs will sound like crap through a cheapish solid state amp. What do you play through?
No. Sorry man, for a first guitar, something that expensive is really not a good idea.
I mean i've got a cort x-2 and an ibanez 10 watt amp. and im bored with the x-2. ive been playing for 3 months now and want a new guitar and thats it... i dont want to bother buying another guitar
I love my cube 30. The mh400 is amazing though, the only difference that it has from the mh1000 is slightly better hardware and it doesn't have the original floyd like the 1000.
Quote by robsayswhat
I love my cube 30. The mh400 is amazing though, the only difference that it has from the mh1000 is slightly better hardware and it doesn't have the original floyd like the 1000.

he is talking about the M400, not the MH400.
I wouldn't do that.
I believe it has a trem AND active pickups. Active pickups will sound terrible and you won't be able to work the trem.
Look at the Washburn X50, nice pickups, nicer price, nothing hard to use.

Now you may think "I want to get what I want" but you made this thread in order to get answers.
At three months guitar maintenance should be the least of your worries.
Seriously, listen to us, I remember being a beginner thinking "I'll get what I'm gonna get and noone can tell me otherwise" luckily I never had the cash remember these things:

Trems are hard work as a beginner.
Active pickups sound good with Tube amps.
Tube amps are good.
The amp is more important than the guitar in sound.

Never forget these.

But while we're on the topic of amps, as long as you don't get active pickups, the Roland Cube is a nice amp.
i have an ltd viper 400 with emgs and i hate the sound it gives through my cube. passive is the way to go for cubes.
how much are m400s??? i cant find a price anywhere.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
how much are m400s??? i cant find a price anywhere.

ive seen them between $580 and $600
dont worry punk ninja if i had a thought like you mentioned i wouldnt open a thread like this tnx for your comments... so.. should i buy a cort evl k-4 with passive emgs and a roland cube 30x? or a japanese ibanez (later to change the p.u. s with something like di marzio) but i'll need to save up for a roland. i 'll play metal mostly so what you say? and also if i buy a cube 20x would there be a lot difference? cos 20x is cheaper and would help me to buy a dist. pedal
Gewd, just thinking cos I (was) and a lot of beginners are close minded, good to see you aren't one of them
And a japanese Ibanez would be great I have to say, (not sure on the cort but the Passive EMGs aren't great) but to be honest I'd say for now, something not quite that expensive as you don't want to be wasting your money.
Assuming you like the idea of having a trem, I say get something good but not too expensive now without a trem and with passive pickups, with the roland cube then when you get more into guitar (able to maintain it better) buy (for example) something like an Ibanez RG1570 or a used RG550.

However if you do want to take a nosedive straight into trems.
Out of Ibanez I'd look at:
RG1570
RG2550
S470
S520

Or for going used:
S540
RG550
RG570
RG565

These all have tremolos that should give you little worry as they're up in with the best (all edge, edge pro or ZR).
Yea i thought of having a non trem but when some times i have to use i dont want to say myself "oh why didnt i buy a floyd rosed guitar" i'll probably buy a cort evl k-4 i opened a threat about it to see some comments too... lets see what happens xD
buy the viper 1000 with passives
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55