I have 13 gauge, on my non floyd guitars, except for my acoustics. In one of my guitars i have a set thats 12 to 56, and thats my favorite set. It feels real awesome. So I was wondering...

Can I put a 12 to 56 set of strings in my guitars which have original (not the licensed ones) floyd roses. Or should i stay with the annoying 10s. I like to feel the plucking of the strings, and the 10s are like playing through feathers. Its kind of annoying.
It should be fine as long as you adjust the spring tension and maybe give the truss rod a tweak.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Not in standard tuning, if you're tuning down to C or something then fair enough, but I wouldn't go above 10's on a Floyd in standard.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Nah its just fine if you adjust the springs.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

If you're going to go that heavy there's not really any point having a Floyd, it'll be so stiff that it won't perform like one.

On the plus side the tuning stablilty will be rock solid, although I'd worry about the increased pressure on the knife edges if it's a cheap bridge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
They give you room for up to five springs for a reason.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Well in standard. I have my 13 gauge non floyd in standard. I love the palm muted tone i get from the low e strings that are 56 gauge. Its incredibly tight.

So it will ruin the floyd rose?

If thats the case ill stick to 10s. And get a les paul for this then. But id like to have it all in one guitar.
my floyd wields 11's in standard, my friend with 10's finds it stiff as hell, but i get around with my stronger fingers, i mean, the bar still moves freely
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
I recently abandoned the 9-46 and chucked on some 10-52 (i think), took a bit to get used to but now i can bend the same as i could on the lighter strings, play faster, plus the guitar stays in tune much better and im not breaking my high strings everytime i pull the whammy bar
RG's & Mesa's