Hey guys, my band is going to be gigging this summer and I was thinking of getting the valve king half stack. I know this will be loud enough for our gigs, but would it be too loud to practice in my room with if I wanted some driven sounds?
Yes. Basically, you could probably play it in your room with minimum volume, but it won't sound good.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I guess it really depends on the size of your room. If you live in an old movie theater then I think you'll be ok. If you live in a refrigerator box I think you will be less so.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Fama
Yes. Basically, you could probably play it in your room with minimum volume, but it won't sound good.

It'll still sound good, just not as good as when it's cranked.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Apr 16, 2008,
Quote by masterk1818
what if I used an attenuator?

An attenuator or processor with volume expression pedal should work fine. I play late at night through a 60 watt amp very quietly by using the volume pedal on my guitar processor. (But the amp is turned up to around 4 for tone reasons, which would normally be enough to rattle pictures on the walls)
If you look into some combos, you can probably find a better gigging amp that will do better in the bedroom, too, for the same money or less.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by mr_hankey
It'll still sound good, just not as good as when it's cranked.

what ?
Last edited by The red Strat. at Apr 16, 2008,