So. Normally. That Post Gain setting would make my noise more distorted and loud, couldn't turn it up past 1 (Attic playing, woo. Take it outside every now and then though, piss off the alchoholic neibourghs xD)

Buut. As of yesterday. It seems to only change the volume. And I can put it at 2 or 3 now without much fuss.

What the hell have I done? ;_; (Got it in like. February btw.)
It was my understanding that pre-gain actually controls the gain, but the post-gain controls the volume. At least thats what I understood from my user's manual.
Quote by dissident52
It was my understanding that pre-gain actually controls the gain, but the post-gain controls the volume. At least thats what I understood from my user's manual.

Yeah on high gain amps the power amp does not distort more (or very little).
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
How would I go about checking the tubes...?

Hm, well, to my ears this did. And to be able to go from getting to .75 in mah attic to 3 allovasudden.

But hey. I think it's went to **** now anyway. Was rushed this morning. Just noticed it was still on standby. It's been on it since say. A minute after I make this topic. Just how ****ed AM I? >_>
Quote by Smephy
How would I go about checking the tubes...?

Hm, well, to my ears this did. And to be able to go from getting to .75 in mah attic to 3 allovasudden.

But hey. I think it's went to **** now anyway. Was rushed this morning. Just noticed it was still on standby. It's been on it since say. A minute after I make this topic. Just how ****ed AM I? >_>

If a tube is broken you won't hear any sound. Take it to a tech just in case.
Also leaving a head on standby is not bad, your tubes won't suffer.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor
If a tube is broken you won't hear any sound.

You still hear sound, it's just terrible...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia