For the price of a good set of pickups and locking tuners, why not just put it towards a better guitar?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Because I will have to change the pickups at any strat to play my style (metal). And I don't have 500€ righ now, only 300€. It's the squier any good?
Squiers can be hit or miss in my opinion. I've seen some really good ones, and some really bad ones. You really would need to try it out before buying.

Have you given any thought to other guitars, probably already better suited to Metal from the onset?
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Squier do make some beautiful guitars, I wanted to buy a Standard Fat Strat but decided to get an Ibanez SA 160 instead. I have not purchased it yet.

I'm still in love with the Strat design though
Yes, I will buy a jackson too. I want a strat because I love the strat shape, the pickguard, the maple neck, etc. So if the squier deluxe wasn't bad, i will buy one.
cheers
Try it, if you like it, then go for it. I say just spend the extra cash and get a Standard Stratocaster.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It seems to be one of the better models, but if you're looking to really "upgrade" a little. Even though they're quite a bit more, I'd be looking for a real Fender. Or something completely different, that handles metal better.
Yes, but i will sell my guitar, and to buy a standard stratocaster i will have to save a little time, and i can't stay 3 weeks without guitar.
Well, that's simple enough. Keep your current one for three weeks, save up a little more, then see if you can sell your guitar.
Anyone that have one squier deluxe stratocaster could tell me something about them? In the local shops they haven't one.
cheers
Don't know what guitars go for in Europe but in America €300 ($478 USD if the conversion site I used is correct) can get you a Fender Standard Strat. But since you play metal might I suggest a superstrat? They have the strat body shape that you like and great for playing metal.
I've played two squiers before, didn't really like either and neither did the owners (they seem to be just a small step above FirstAct to most people). You might like it though, and if you're on a budget and need a guitar to play its probably not a bad purchase.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.