I'm filling in forms for a music course at my old college. There's a section that asks you to describe yourself etc etc, it's basically where you try to make yourself look better than you are aha. Since this is a guitar website I assume a few of you have taken music courses, and I was wondering if you could give me some tips on what to say?

Here's what I've typed up on notepad:

Section E: Additional information
It is important that together, we identify the best course to suit your needs,
so please give us as much information about yourself, including; your career
aspirations, Higher Education intentions, your future plans and interests.

My gay answer:
From a young age I've taken an interest in music, but I'd always been pressured by my teachers and family to study other subjects. In September 2006 I went to college to do 4 A levels but I simply had no passion for what I was studying. I wasn't happy with the courses so I left to discover what I really wanted to do. Since then I have taught myself a little music theory, and how to play guitar and piano. I'm currently writing songs and singing in a band. I'm not sure where I see myself in future but it will definately have something to do with music.

Help? Should I cut it down, or throw in some fancy words or what? I'm not sure I can even squeeze it into the 6 lines on the form. God I'm so hopeless :|

Rhian xxx
one tip, don't put things like "I'm"- write "I am"

Just makes it a little bit better... I think anyway...
It's definitely not definately

Sounds good but maybe you should put more positive emphasis on how much you're interested in music, rather than negatives about how your parents etc didn't let you do what you wanted?
You should probably shouldn't write "My gay answer."

Unless you're going to Harvard.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Rhitard
I'm filling in forms for a music course at my old college. There's a section that asks you to describe yourself etc etc, it's basically where you try to make yourself look better than you are aha. Since this is a guitar website I assume a few of you have taken music courses, and I was wondering if you could give me some tips on what to say?

Here's what I've typed up on notepad:

Help? Should I cut it down, or throw in some fancy words or what? I'm not sure I can even squeeze it into the 6 lines on the form. God I'm so hopeless :|

Rhian xxx

maybe replace words like little by "some" or something.
and maybe, in the future I see myself working with music. "I am not sure where I see myself in the future" doesn't seem to work out...atleast if I were to judge you.

Write with a "positive mind"
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Don't say you have taught yourself a little music theory, say you have been teaching yourself extensively or something. Aslo say you are sure that in the future you will be doing something with music, not that you aren't sure, it will show enthusiasm. Also fix the spelling of definitely.
Don't you know there ain't no Devil, it's just God when He's drunk.
Complaining and making excuses within the first line...
not a good way to make an impression.
Then you go on to say you're not passionate about what you're studying AND go out of your way to say you weren't happy with your courses.

You're coming off as very negative.
Simply stating that you weren't happy with the courses is more than enough.

Since then I have taught myself a little music theory

- need to reword this, it comes off as saying you have only negligible knowledge of music theory and not much desire to improve it, which is not the impression you want to give if 'your future will definately have something to do with music'. Try rewording it something like 'I've been busy expanding my knowledge of music theory' - it doesn't necessarily say you have a good knowledge of music theory, but it sounds much more convincing that you're interested in learning.

Maybe expand a little about your songwriting and band?
Last line is pretty weak again, need to throw away that passiveness...

And for god's sake fix up those spelling errors before submitting it
Last edited by teegman at Apr 16, 2008,
Take out all the negative ****. Like how you left college etc. No negatives, you selling yourself, be positive, about everything.
Quote by Chinfrim
Sadly we have not shotguns and go around saying "Get Out of Mah Propertay!!"
Thanks for the help everyone <3 As you can see I'm no good with these things :[
Oh God, how did I spell definitely wrong?! I've been out of education far too long.

Quote by Kensai

But that was the best part lmao
Quote by Kensai

Or writing a Scrubs episode.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...