Description: Used 96 medxican Strat for sale, just about everything on this that can be IS Black, I bought this second hand so i dont know what kind of Dimarzios and Duncans it has but I can tell you that the Duncan is in the bridge and the Dimarzio is at the neck with a run of the mill p/u in the mid position. It has the Fender Strat case with it and Black Sperzel locking tuners.

Asking $300 but got it reduced to $225. Good Deal?

Thanks,
cjchyea

Edit: Just got it down to $200, good deal for $200?

I also got an offer for a Cream/White Mexi Strat that was purchased in February of '08 for $250.

Witch one would you go with??
Last edited by cjchyea at Apr 17, 2008,
Yeah.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
the Sperzel set alone is about $70 retail. The SD Hotrails and DiMarzio aren't cheap either (I'm not a fan of mixing pickups brands though). For $200 its a pretty good deal. You can make money by selling it in parts.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Sounds like a bargain to me.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
cheap!
My Rig:

+Epiphone AJ100 acoustic
+Fender 60th. Anniversary Stratocaster
+Vox AD30VT
+Vox V847a Wah

look all i wanted was for someone to give me advice on what to do not to slag me off ok

Want advice? Suck yourself off.
Cheap indeed
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Looks good i got a mexi strat 2nd hand with a hot rail for £300. There alright but have a slight amount of fret buzz.
I also got an offer for a Cream/White Mexi Strat that was purchased in February of '08 for $250.

Witch one would you go with??
That's the equivalent of about £110 for a Mexican Fender in the UK (The Black Strat - the White would be about £130). You can hardly get a Squier Affinity for that price so yes, good deal on any of the two!
depends of condition/electronics and stuff...
My Rig:

+Epiphone AJ100 acoustic
+Vox AD30VT
+Vox V847a Wah

look all i wanted was for someone to give me advice on what to do not to slag me off ok

This is my first guitar so i'm not very experienced on knowing the quality of the electronics. What should I look for?
Well... That black one, you've posted pictures of, seems a great deal. From what I've read by looking at the serial number, it was made somewhere near 1996. Mex. strats produced then are usually good quality instruments. The cream/white one is probably newer and equipped with stock electronics. If you are not able to test it (by yourself, or someone who "knows better"), I'd go with that black one
My Rig:

+Epiphone AJ100 acoustic
+Vox AD30VT
+Vox V847a Wah

Thanks very much for the help.

I'll see if i can test out the black one with my friend who plays.
^ yeah definitely mate, you should do that. You can't tell from the picture how it's gonna sound with those duncans and dimarzios. Maybe you'll find out you want a more vintage-like sounding guitar, or maybe it will suit you just fine. Wishing luck, cheers!
My Rig:

+Epiphone AJ100 acoustic
+Vox AD30VT
+Vox V847a Wah