Hiya, I'm kinda new to those forums, so I didn't crit too much in here.
Crit me , I'll crit you.

E-funking-DIT: And, a new "Progressive Funk", as I call it, song.
Attachments:
Instr.zip
ProgFunk.zip
Last edited by SHEEM at Apr 16, 2008,
It's good, per say, but it's REALLY slow, and any casual listener would be thrown off by the intro and guitar parts. I'd maybe get rid of that annoying synth, and mix the progression up a bit.
I liked it dude, i don't know if it was your intention but i found the intro spine chilling, love it. Loved the acoustic interlude, and the solo was cool. The only thing I found is that it didn't really feel like one song, know what I mean. It was really one theme, a solo, another theme, another solo. That may have been your intention, so whatever. Theme 5 was cool, pretty epic. Although i was expecting more from the drums in that section, although it wasn't bad. Theme 6 was pretty catchy. Loved theme 7, that choir was awsome, then the piano just kicked it up. Very eerie. The violins sounded nice although i think somewhere there a note may have been out of key, with the harmony? Maybe I am wrong. The solo 9 on bass was sweet, very catchy. The acoustic after that was pretty wicked with the solo. Theme 8 wasn't too bad, although I think a drum change should have occured. To stop the repetetiveness. Theme 9 was awsome. Wasn't a big fan of the drums in the first bit though, maybe some rolls instead of just the snare? The ending was pretty nice. The freak out finished it out nicely.

8/10. A few minor improvements and it would be nice.
Crit MINE
I loved it. But admit that you were inspired by Dream theater in many parts of the song. For example bars 100-107 (I.E. Acoustic Theme III). That was almost taken directly from Ministry of lost Souls, by Dream Theater, but some changes though. But it fit good in!
Check my profile for seeing my avatar a little bit bigger... u won't regret... it is no waste of seconds... ten seconds of your life... 30 heart punches of 1 000 000 000.
That's the spirit!!
Last edited by Burning Raths at Apr 16, 2008,
Yeah, I really used Ministry as my basis for this theme, but I am willing to change it a bit.
Nono, don't change. I just commented it. It sounds good!
Check my profile for seeing my avatar a little bit bigger... u won't regret... it is no waste of seconds... ten seconds of your life... 30 heart punches of 1 000 000 000.
That's the spirit!!
Thanks for critting my avenged-y rap thing.

This is just amazing!
I won't go into detail about each bit because well; it's 15 minutes long.

Reminded me very much of Dream Theater.

10/10, would be 9, but anyone to put the effort into making a 15 minute song this good, without it being boring is just, a genius in my opinion.
x

Edit - Forgot to add;
Some of the fingering in solos and **** on guitar seems really impracticle.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Apr 16, 2008,
So, I listened to yer crits, and improved it a bit (Especially the drums). BUT I AM NOT WILLING TO GIVE UP MY SYNTH!

And, as one d00d here said: "Don't get hard on me, I'm only a bassist, I'm thirteen and this is one of my first tries."

Well, that case is me.
Attachments:
Instr.zip
Last edited by SHEEM at Apr 16, 2008,
I liked it, I do think the intro was too long however. Also I think you should change the Ministry part, it sounds too much like the original.
Other then that it's a good song, congrats
Nice song, great melodies, but i didn´t like the first solo and some of the parts just didn´t fit in the feeling of the song.

Maybe crit mine if you have time?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838563
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
I only listened to the funk one (Don't have time for a 15 minute song sorry )

Anyway the funk song is great, seriously I love every bit of it, the bass solo and keyboard solo were really good, the guitar solo was too it just didn't stand out in the ix or anything as much as those did. For some reason I didn't like the theme as much as the rest of the song but it was still great.

Great 9/10.
Quote by SHEEM
So, I listened to yer crits, and improved it a bit (Especially the drums). BUT I AM NOT WILLING TO GIVE UP MY SYNTH!

And, as one d00d here said: "Don't get hard on me, I'm only a bassist, I'm thirteen and this is one of my first tries."

Well, that case is me.

hahahaha that was me! haha

Are you a bassist or thirteen ?

I listened to the instrumental but I didn't heard it with RSE so the only thing I was thinking about while I was listening to the song was:

FINAL FANTASY (a video game with cool MIDI music )

8.5/10

Quote by kiki94bass
hahahaha that was me! haha

Are you a bassist or thirteen ?

Actually, I'm both.
crit and listen

nice intro, slow, almost dreamy, and nice touch with the 'delay'

more dreaminess as strings come in, and the synth

dragging out ever so slightly, ah, heres the crescendo, solo's not too bad, little bit bland, but still good

theme II - almost a melodic/gothic feel to it, quite good.

acoustic part, slightly weird, very classical feel to it. the solo part i wasnt a fan of, the bends didnt fit

solo III, now i'm liking the sound of this so far, good and powerful, chunky beat behind it

synth part after it is pretty kwl

"heavy part" doesnt seem that heavy, good chugging rhythm though, again, the synth backing sounds damn good =]

theme V sounds quite abstract, almost space like which sounds pretty good. ooh, i'm liking the panning, and the bass riff after it is pretty damn funky =]

solo VI is very fitting to the backing, quite a modern feel to it, its a good one

solo VII is alright, i admit its a good solo, but it isnt to my taste

choir part, oh this sounds great, should go on for longer

violin solo, not good to me, sounds way too doesnt fit. might be cos of the midi though

bass solo's awesome, good muse feel to it

this acoustic part needs to have a smoother transition, and the solo doesnt sound that good

theme VIII, i'm liking the drums, almost a jogging, moving feeling, but seems a tad flat. the harmonies are quite interesting though

the next guitar solo doesnt sound that good

the riff afterwards needs a smoother transition

theme IX this is another good one, emotional piano with a good punch with the modern instruments, though the harmonies put it down and the fade out to fast

the freak out part, i like it, make no mistake, but the song doesnt fit the ending. ignoring that fact, make it a tad longer?

overall, a piece with its ups and downs, i'll give it a 7/10 =]

crit my "Hellbound Believer"? look in my sig for the link =]
The funk piece had quite a nice beat to it, I think the synth was a bit overdone though.
As for the 15min piece the individual pieces were mostly quite good, but I don't think you developed any one idea enough.
That funk thing was actually really great. I thought the synth was great, and so was the bass. The guitar was pretty simple but whatever. The dueling synth parts were freaking amazing, you hit all the right notes. The onlything I didn't like in the song were the shakers. The were incredibly annoying. But still, great piece. 9.5/10.

And good luck finding a vocalsit that can sings those vocals in that octave without passing out and/or dying.

You can crit mthe last one in my sig if you'd like.
I'm a person.
Last edited by PinkIsCool at Apr 20, 2008,
Mike Oldfield+Dream Theater=Pretty nice.
I like your style, but change it up once in a while.
Chords ascending chromatically in straight rhythms gets tiring, ya know?
Gear
MIM Stratocaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickups
VOX Valvetronix AD15
BOSS Blues Driver
VOX V847 Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Fuken awesome, credit given where its due, loved everybit though shame its defaulted to midi instead of rse so the quality was bad but when you change it it was pure orgasm. loved the themes especially II. Loving the keys solos. THough its pretty hard to put "ripped" DT by me you managed to do it an make sound like it was yours.
9/10
C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14032246#post14032246
Quote by Roc8995
I ran into some fingering issues. I can get it up to speed the way I've been fingering it, but I'm wondering if you guys have any better ideas, because it seems like there should be an easier way to finger this.

Don't worry there is Roc, there is
Great song man. U know seem to know som theory. Great solos on the Lead Guitar

Keep up the good work.