Anyone tried it yet? It looks sweet but then again it looks like its got a crap load of effects. Im not sure what to think cause I havent tried it. just wondering if any else had and whats ur input?
I've never heard of these until now, but now I'm quite interested. They don't seem to have hit any major stores yet, though.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Hmmm...

The Vypyr120 and Vypyr 60 models also include a 6L6 power tube.

A 6L6 power tube? It's probably not for me.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Hmmm...

A 6L6 power tube? It's probably not for me.

it INCLUDES a 6L6. says nothing about the amp actually running on one. and don't you need at least 2 for any power section?
Quote by sethp
it INCLUDES a 6L6. says nothing about the amp actually running on one. and don't you need at least 2 for any power section?

Plenty of small amps run on a single power tube, but you're not going to get 60 or 120W out of a single 6L6.

So, uh, yeah, that was my point. Peavey's first foray into modeling, and it includes some new type of hybrid thing going on. I think I'd wait a couple years on this one. Let someone else get the bugs out.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Def
they have a vid on youtube. looks good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucSitlFV1MA

cant hear it that well, but sounds like the vetta i think

It still needs a better review with proper recording equipment, but from what I can tell, it sounds pretty damn good.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
yeah i was interested when i first saw it. The price didnt seem to bad either. but then again im trying to figure out this whole hybrid thing and whats up with that
Vypyr, sounds like viper, which is an evil snake thing, you know what else are evil, SPIDERS. You know what are more evil, line 6 spiders.

Conclusion

Peavey Vypyr -> Line 6 Spider

Jk, couldnt be arsed watching the youtube video, but hopefully its a decent modeler.
We're peavey dealers here. I ordered one for myself. They havn't hit stores yet at all. 75 watt transtube 12" for practice. It claims it has some analog efx in it. If it sounds good this will be the best 12" amp for the price anywhere. Sell like hotcakes!