Well, i just got one, and im pretty dissapointed. I heard so many good things thats i figured it would sound really good (especially for the pirce of 200 bucks). anyway, it can get a really really good death metal tone i gues...but i figured id be able to do some less aggressive styles with it. Im looking for a more hardcore/punky tone. Maybe some older thrice (illusion of safety, or artist in the ambulance) or A whilhelm scream. How ever i cant seem to figure out how to come close to emulating these tones.

My set up is comprised of an ESP ltd viper 400, and an Ampeg 50 watt all tube head running into a behringer 4x12 cab

any setting suggestions would be much apreciated!

thanks a lot,
matt
First off I'm pretty sure you could put that money into a better cab. http://waterispoison.com/bios.php Second the gear Thrice uses is on that page.

* 1982 Gibson Les Paul Custom
* Seymour Duncan Distortion Bridge Pickup (Unsure of neck pickup)
* Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Strings
* Krank Revolution Head, Krank Revolution Cabinet
* Sennheiser Wireless System
Third that's the gear one of the guys for A Wilhelm Scream uses, so It seems that you need a guitar with Dual Humbuckers and a high gain tube amp.
Your lucky I'm sick or I wouldnt have taken all that time
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by PunkRocker33133
First off I'm pretty sure you could put that money into a better cab. http://waterispoison.com/bios.php Second the gear Thrice uses is on that page.

* 1982 Gibson Les Paul Custom
* Seymour Duncan Distortion Bridge Pickup (Unsure of neck pickup)
* Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Strings
* Krank Revolution Head, Krank Revolution Cabinet
* Sennheiser Wireless System
Third that's the gear one of the guys for A Wilhelm Scream uses, so It seems that you need a guitar with Dual Humbuckers and a high gain tube amp.
Your lucky I'm sick or I wouldnt have taken all that time

haha, thanks a lot man. I have dual humbucker guitar with an emg 81 set...how ever as far as the amps go, i really dont have the kind of money, which is why i invested in this pedal.
How's the pedal?

Meh. That's all I have to really describe it.

It sounds much too scoopy and the gain sounds like a buzz-saw. You're much better off with a Demonizer or no Damage Control pedals because they're overpriced and not too great.

The Guyatone MMX Metal Monster however, is worth ever penny.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.