Well, I've been playing a lot of Drop C lately and decided to change the gauge of my strings..
im not to sure about what gauge to use, atm im using 9-11-16-24-32-42 on a squier start (buying a new guitar soon)

so yeah, any advice on which guage strings to use?
11-52. Or whatever feels comfortable
if your playing in drop C alot it would be the best to move to 11's or heavier, but that might be a hgue change since your playign with realyl light strings right now, so you shoudl atleast move up to 10's and than as soon as you think your ready move onto 11's.
11's would probably be best for a low tuning like that. I'd also have your guitar set up for the new string gauge and possibly in drop C tunning if your playing it a lot. Strats are set up for 9's so 11's will feel weird and could mess up your inotation and action if you don't have a set up done.
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Strat HSS
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Fender Acoustic

Marshall DSL100 Head
Marshall 1960B Cab
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
Vox AC4TV Combo
I would get Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom strings
and yeah get it set up you may have to adjust the truss rod
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
^ Not if it's tuned down that much. Maybe for 11-52s in standard.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
^ Not if it's tuned down that much. Maybe for 11-52s in standard.

Im just thinking of so he could do the least adjustments, i personally use 11-54 for Drop C-Drop A# and that's perfect (might be almost to thin for Drop A# but it's usable) but isn't EB Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52?
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
I just put some Ernie ball Slinky 10's on a Squier Strat and in standard they pull the bridge way up (This is with 3 spring set)

In Drop C it's ok, sits a little lower than with 9's in standard tuning.

Is there a way on a Squier to adjust the spring tension so I can lower the bridge some, or do I just need to add more springs.
Yes, in the back where the trem plate is screwed into the body with 2 screws, tighten the screws until it is level.
I kind of thought those 2 screws going into the body was what I should adjust, but I just wanted to be sure.
Last edited by JohnyCarcinogen at Apr 21, 2008,
^Also, if you are putting that extra tension on the neck the truss rod might need tightening, make sure you look at it and see if it bows or not once you get the trem set up and tuned.