Page 1 of 2
i think the world will be a better place.

we'll stop polluting so much, we'll find better alternative fuel sources, violence in the middle east might decrease. all good things.
Crops will be used for biofuels...So there will be no food... Meh.
or the world will turn into an apocalyptic warzone with people refusing to adapt, but your idea is far more likely
People will adapt as they always have. Steam engines, horse and buggy, etc.
i don't mean to do that whole thing called being logical... but there would be nothing without oil! There's a reason that wars are taking place over it, its needed that badly!
My gear:
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Ibanez AEL 50 SERLV
Peavey XXL Half Stack
These threads always end badly.

When the oil runs out, we will have no plastic, and if we haven't worked out how to cheaply move stuff around the planet without oil/diesel/whatever, we will be boned so hard we won't know what's hit us.
We might start burning coal and wood again...Making the pollution even worse...
well... ill tell you what would happen:
1. people will fight for oil
2. the USA will invade every country that has some oil
3. ???
4. no profit
There would be no NASCAR.....Can't wait...
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Quote by cedaguol
3. ???
4. no profit

Stop with the America bashing.

*puts Venezuela at the TOP of the list*
i can tell you what happens

WAR
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by urbanfox

loool.

It's true they're trying to get the U.S. to stop using corn for biofuels. More countries need it than we do. We can all ride bikes.

You guys think it's ridiculously awesome that you can buy your own island? Or simply ridiculous?
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

[url="http://twigd.squarespace.com]Twigd.squarespace.com The World is Good, Dammit
No.. I will tell you what will happen...

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
No.. I will tell you what will happen...

That makes this dumb ass thread worth opening.
All I have to say is the age of oil will end probably in our life times, and things will change. No more mindless over indulgence. We'll be keeping things like iPods and plasma TVs not as antiques, but as valuable, irreplaceable technology from the past.

Thats what I think, anyways. I also think that unless the U.S. government straightens out, it will make everyone's lives a lot harder as oil diminishes. What better way to control everyone than to completely control the resource that makes this comfortable, selfish way of modern life possible? You'll probably be surprised at what people will do to keep their SUVs, digital TV and Taco Bell.
We're only strays.
Dude, if we run out of oil, we won't have night races, no Chargers, no Plymouths... No pink slips!
Quote by urbanfox

No they will just use Hemp.
wat
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
All I have to say is the age of oil will end probably in our life times, and things will change. No more mindless over indulgence. We'll be keeping things like iPods and plasma TVs not as antiques, but as valuable, irreplaceable technology from the past.

Thats what I think, anyways. I also think that unless the U.S. government straightens out, it will make everyone's lives a lot harder as oil diminishes. What better way to control everyone than to completely control the resource that makes this comfortable, selfish way of modern life possible? You'll probably be surprised at what people will do to keep their SUVs, digital TV and Taco Bell.

Why is the U.S. government responsible for fixing the broken oil market?
Quote by imgooley
Why is the U.S. government responsible for fixing the broken oil market?

I'm simply saying that the "higher ups," whoever you'd have them be, probably would like to grab up whatever oil can be saved, and thus gain a new level of control. Anyone having too much control is a bad thing.
We're only strays.
Agreed
eh, the government will use baby blood or something else horrible, don't you worry, they always do.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I really hope we don't turn to biofuel.

Quote by webbtje

When the oil runs out, we will have no plastic

Interesting, why?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by cedaguol
3. ???
4. lolnukes

fixed.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Oil won't run out for a very long time. There's still a lot of oil left underground, it's just located deep underground to the point where it would be incredibly expensive to extract. There are also sources of oil other than just from the ground.

Researchers have already made great advances in the field of alternative energies. At the rate they're going, I'm sure we'll be relying on something else long before there is no oil left.
Quote by SmarterChild
Because most plastic is made using petroleum.

Name something that isn't.

Even if oil isn't used in the making of a product (don't forget that generators run on oil, among many many other pieces of common industrial machinery), it still needs to be shipped, or ingredients/parts need to be shipped to make them.

Plastic is one of the literally billions of things that we'd lose. And thats why simply changing to a new power source is such a huge hurdle. This is called the oil age because it is literally built on oil. Everything.
We're only strays.
They will be probably up to a decade of turmoil as energy suppliers try to find alternatives while countries war war to keep their economies running. After a while, however, things will calm down as alternative energy sources, like hydrogen cells become a viable alternative and life will continue more or less as we know it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I think that you forgot about the part in which we no longer can create plastic, ride our cars, and take planes.
Also about the part in which we no longer can create digital stuff because we also will be unable to create Silicon.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by gm jack
They will be probably up to a decade of turmoil as energy suppliers try to find alternatives while countries war war to keep their economies running. After a while, however, things will calm down as alternative energy sources, like hydrogen cells become a viable alternative and life will continue more or less as we know it.

With any luck it will clear up, and with some more luck it will change the overall mentality of humanity from "use whatever it takes to get whatever we want and ignore any consequences and responsibility" to "some things are more important than me."

Such a change probably would only last, however, until we find another oil.
We're only strays.
I wonder what will be used instead of plastic? Plastic is used in everything
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Quote by urik
I think that you forgot about the part in which we no longer can create plastic, ride our cars, and take planes.

It isn't exactly beyond out wildest dreams that new styles of engines are developed that run on different fuels.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
It isn't exactly beyond out wildest dreams that new styles of engines are developed that run on different fuels.

Sure, for cars. But you have no idea of how much it takes to fly a 747... Unless we master hydrogen fuel, I see the future a bit dark...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Flipaningage
or the world will turn into an apocalyptic warzone with people refusing to adapt, but your idea is far more likely

+1+ inf
Page 1 of 2